OFP Match Worx Shooting Facility

Discussion in 'Gun Clubs' started by lima4specter, Jun 23, 2015.

1. lima4specter

lima4specter Distinguished Poster

Mississippi's only member-based long-range shooting facility is getting ready to break ground on a new shooting facility located 30 minutes northeast of Brandon located just off Hwy. 16 west of Carthage. It will have a 25 land pistol bay, a 100, 300, 600 & 1000 yard rifle range with 12 lanes on each section.

For more information, or to get a member application, please call 601.825.0697 or email info@saltdogllc.com

Attached Files:

• OFP.JPG
      OFP.JPG
      File size:
      294.3 KB
      Views:
    L. Joe may and SubGunFan like this.
  2. captain-03

captain-03 Moderator Staff Member MSGO Supporter

Byram, MS
    Very Interested -- Just a little far from Byram for me to use short ranges; however, would travel to shoot the 600 & 1000.

1) Expected opening date?
    2) Members only Club? and will there be day rates/fee?
    3) Cost of membership -or- day rate?

Thanks!!

3. lima4specter

Barring any crazy weather delays, the construction should be done and the facility ready to open by late September or early October.
    Yearly membership for an individual is $300/year which gets you access to everything but the 600 & 1000 yard lines. If you want to use the long range facilities, you need to qualify on the 300 yard line first (per our NRA insurance requirements) which will consist of 5 shots kept inside a 3 inch circle without breaking the lines. Then, once you've qualified, its a $150/year add-on just to cover the maintenance and camera systems we'll have in place on those ranges (the cameras will be there for shooters to check out and all you need is a smartphone or tablet with the free downloaded app)

There is also a family membership for $425 that covers up to 4 people under one roof. In addition, there is a 6mo and a 72 hour "pass" but those are designed for people who don't shoot a lot and/or are from outside a 100 mile radius. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me or call the shop. 601.825.0697

4. lima4specter

I forgot to mention that we have 30 spots left for "charter members" that will enable them to get the first two years of membership for the price of one year. For example, a $300 yearly individual membership will not have to re-up until the fall of 2017.

5. captain-03

Byram, MS
    Guess this will eliminate the CMP Service Rifle folks (iron sights) from using the long ranges. An F-Class folks range .... high dollar guns and optics ...

6. lima4specter

No, it shouldn't. I've worked pretty close with the NRA and CMP folks to make sure I have the correct facilities/capabilities to be able to host those tournaments. I'm sure there will be some F-class shooters that come in the shop from time to time that will shoot out there. But the bigger picture is to have a facility where ANYONE can shoot ANYTHING they want.

7. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    IIRC..... NRA and CMP Hi-Power requires a 200yd range in addition to 300 and 600yds.

lima4specter likes this.
  8. captain-03

Byram, MS
    ... iron sites at 300 yards - 5 shot 3" group ..... do not know many that can do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I can not do it so that leaves me out for use of the long ranges ....... just saying ....

9. lima4specter

I think it's fair that in cases like yours to make accommodations. For research purposes, what gun would you be using with iron sights?
    In any case, we want people to push their normal expectations to be better. We can't and won't allow anyone with a desire to use them. Mostly for liability reasons but also common sense reasons. Plus it gives people some to strive for.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015