Oliver North to Become Next NRA President

Discussion in 'Press Talk' started by LeansVeryRight2016, May 7, 2018.

1. https://home.nra.org/lt-colonel-oliver-north-poised-to-become-nra-president/

(DALLAS, TX) – Lt. Colonel Oliver North, USMC (Ret.) will become President of the National Rifle Association of America within a few weeks, a process the NRA Board of Directors initiated this morning.

“This is the most exciting news for our members since Charlton Heston became President of our Association,” said NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre. “Oliver North is a legendary warrior for American freedom, a gifted communicator and skilled leader. In these times, I can think of no one better suited to serve as our President.”

North said he was eager to take on this new role as soon as his business affairs were put in order. North is retiring from Fox News, effective immediately. “I am honored to have been selected by the NRA Board to soon serve as this great organization’s President,” North said. “I appreciate the board initiating a process that affords me a few weeks to set my affairs in order, and I am eager to hit the ground running as the new NRA President.”
    LaPierre congratulated the NRA Board for its action. “The board acted quickly and with great vision,” LaPierre said. “Oliver North is, hands down, the absolute best choice to lead our NRA Board, to fully engage with our members, and to unflinchingly stand and fight for the great freedoms he has defended his entire life.”

“Oliver North is a true hero and warrior for freedom,” LaPierre said, “and NRA members are proud to stand with him.”

cruiser, 94LEVERFAN, HerrZnk and 5 others like this.
  2. vr1967

vr1967 Rooinek Amerikaanse

I met “Uncle Ollie” once in San Antonio. One of his nephews was one of the people I used to shoot with quite a bit in the 90s. (That same nephew also referred to Jeff Cooper as Uncle Jeffie when we were out at Gunsite, I believe kin thru Ms Janelle)

Ollie seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and looked at everything through a common sense approach, or at least did back them.

maxhush, para40, 94LEVERFAN and 6 others like this.

3. I like his War Stories with Oliver North show on Fox News Channel ...
    War Stories | Fox News Channel

Saw him once doing a segment for his show at Camp Eggers, (Kabul) Afghanistan back in 2010 or 2011, I think.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    para40, 94LEVERFAN, DEADEYE 1 and 4 others like this.
  4. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Works for me! I've always liked Ollie! :):)

para40, 94LEVERFAN, SLBcmtr and 5 others like this.
  5. TigerTactical

TigerTactical Distinguished Poster

Ollie Ollie OxenNRA

DEADEYE 1 likes this.
  6. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

i only know him for iran contra when I was a kid? did he get convicted of anything? was he just a fall guy?

kind of weird if he was dealing with gun running. the vegas shooter was supposedly used in that time/theatre to run guns. he gets gone in a very public way related to guns..now Ollie gets a job/appointment for an organization funded by companies who sell guns, and gun owners (probably a lot less).

Quickeye likes this.
  7. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam&PersianGulf Wars MSGO Supporter

He was diverting money to the Anti-Sandinista group in Nicaragua. Israel was supposed to ship the weapons to the Iranian revolutionaries and get paid, then Israel reimburses the U.S. Ollie diverted some of those funds.
    The whole plan was an end run around a prohibition established by Congress. (Not to supply weapons directly to the Iranians.)

8. Phaetos

Phaetos Distinguished Poster

He was convicted, then all convictions vacated and charges dropped in 1991.

LeansVeryRight2016 and Quickeye like this.
  9. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Close your eyes, what do you see. They never convicted him of anything. They checked Ollie every way investigators could. Ollie was one of the first who told us that we needed to take care of Bin-Laden long before 911 . Ollie is well loved and well liked. We have had to deal with some bad people at times that later became our enemy. I am going to renew my membership because of Ollie taking this new job as president I dont remember any convictions, he has flown over in war zones doing stories on Fox for years.
    If Ollie was punished. it would have mean,t that he was taking a fall for the most popular Republican President since Eisenhower. Pres Reagan.

maxhush, para40, Canman and 5 others like this.
  10. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

if bin-ladin wasn't just a made up boogie man......then good job :) I haven't been a nra member since I was a jr member when I was 12 or so, and probably never again. I just think it's weird how all these random things keep happening. next OJ will be put in charge of police squad......

spyderhead and chris_k like this.
  11. bar306

bar306 Distinguished Poster

Since he is somewhat of a celebrity, predict the Libs to try bringing him down any way they can. He needs to make a running start and tell it like it is...Charlton Heston style...No compromise or negotiating.

maxhush, para40, Canman and 2 others like this.
  12. Driveshaft

Driveshaft Distinguished Poster

Man, what an outstanding choice!

13. HerrZnk

HerrZnk Distinguished Poster

Semper Fidelis Lt. Colonel! Go get 'em you Teufelhund!

14. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Great man for the job. I sure like the Colonel !!!

para40 likes this.
  15. Arms Lister

Arms Lister Glocks beat Rocks

Can the board fire La Pierre?

maxhush likes this.
  16. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Works for me. What else can we do today to piss off a liberal? Cause I'm game.

Blondie70 and Mesquite like this.
  17. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

Nordberg?

18. cruiser

cruiser Distinguished Poster

19. Canman

Canman Distinguished Poster

Brandon
    Yes I remember when he told that committee that bin laden scared the &$## out of him. Way before anyone knew who he was.