Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well been several months since I have reloaded. I have moved to a new place and been trying to get everything organized in my new gun/reloading room. I still don't know where everything is at. I figured I knew where enough of my stuff was to start. So I decided I would reload some 223.
First I look and I'm all but out of powder for 223. Second I couldn't find the brass. I found some of it but the fired cases I had already used I still don't know where they are at. Third I'm having trouble seating the primers. Fourth I stuck a case, hadn't did that in a while. So I go up to my old trailer and out to the shed and unstick the case. Come home, sized 2 cases and stuck another one.
At this point I just quit. Figured better to wait and try another day.

Now I have to make a point to buy some powder. And I need to get bullets. LOL, seems like a never ending story.

·
Premium Member
14,338 Posts
Oh and forgot . I got my LEE round ball mold and yes you guessed it inspected by Ellis's favor Shirley.
🤦‍♂️
Hope you have better luck than I do with those “inspected” by that lady! At this point it’s about a 50/50 shot for me,whether or not it’s a good one not needing work!

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,375 Posts
Indeed one of those days. I had hoped for a nice productive weekend being the wife was off as well and not raining and not 20*. But between my jeep and my dog, it appears to not be the case. But indeed could be worse.

·
Premium Member
14,338 Posts
Well been several months since I have reloaded. I have moved to a new place and been trying to get everything organized in my new gun/reloading room. I still don't know where everything is at. I figured I knew where enough of my stuff was to start. So I decided I would reload some 223.
First I look and I'm all but out of powder for 223. Second I couldn't find the brass. I found some of it but the fired cases I had already used I still don't know where they are at. Third I'm having trouble seating the primers. Fourth I stuck a case, hadn't did that in a while. So I go up to my old trailer and out to the shed and unstick the case. Come home, sized 2 cases and stuck another one.
At this point I just quit. Figured better to wait and try another day.

Now I have to make a point to buy some powder. And I need to get bullets. LOL, seems like a never ending story.
What powder? I have some cfe223 I could let loose of.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
🤦‍♂️
Hope you have better luck than I do with those “inspected” by that lady! At this point it’s about a 50/50 shot for me,whether or not it’s a good one not needing work!
It looks like it is ok but I wouldn't know one way or the other, LOL. Going to be finding out this time home though. I want to try and get some cast this time in and try them in the 20 and 12 gauge.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stop at 300 rounds of .45 so I could test fire in 3 different 1911 all ran GREAT so on to the next 700 rounds.Then on to the .40 then on to the .223
I'm glad you had better luck than me. Guess I should have started with 9mm first. 223 was not a win for me.

·
Premium Member
14,338 Posts
LOL, and so the story continues.:(

I need to load some 9mm anyway to get back into the swing of it.
All you have to do is make a list and text it to me......I’ll plunder the ammoplant and take a look. Only thing I’m stingy with is primers.

Reactions: rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL if it goes bang I like it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts