close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One of THOSE days!

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by Ellis93, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Ever have one that starts out really well......then turns straight to schit.....quick,fast and in a hurry. Well.....I did,today.
    Working on the barn,starting from about 6:30 to about 2:30.......mashed a finger,stepped on a screw and fell off a ladder. Luckily.....I wasn't far off the ground,and nothing was broken.
    From about 3:00 to around 4.....decided it was time to move the fatty steer to his new home and get paid for him. Got all the cows in the pen,separated the steer from the heard,pushed him into the loading shoot.......where he then decided to see if he could jump the panels. Not good,he wound up hang his front leg up between the gate and panel,dangling from it like a cricket on a hook.
    Do you all have any idea how hard it is to get a big,heavy,stupid animal out of the pickle he put himself in......never mind the potential monetary loss if he'd have broken his leg? Well.....let me tell you.....it's pretty dang hard.
    I'm glad he's someone else's problem now......

From about 4 on.....I pretty much just cleaned up the shop,burn the cut off and trash,left overs from past projects. Very uneventful.....till,I cast my gaze upon the boxes containing the 80% lowers and jig. Figured since I had them for a while I should finish up a few.
    Boy was that a stupid decision.

Long story short......I cut into the damn trigger pocket guide by using the wrong replacement end mill. One of two I ordered to replace,simplify the process some.

Only one thing kept me sane after that......finding out that 80% lowers sells individual pieces for their jigs. 25$ and I'm back in business.
    My rear end is staying in a recliner the rest of the day lol

SubGunFan, Shrek, phillipd and 9 others like this.
  2. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Sorry man!!!! That sucks!!! I haven't had one of them in a while hope it ain't contagious! :eek::eek:

3. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Sorry bud! BTDTGTTS!!!! It will get better, trust me! If not, take Monday off and go fishing!

4. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Didn't know you were a glutton for punishment Ellis. I would have quit and gone to the recliner after the steer incident.

5. Ellis93

I wish I could......the shop would shrivel and die lol
    I am! I have to learn the hard way lol

6. Ellis93

I give you a big ol'hug on the 14th,we'll see if it is lol

7. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Like Sandy said, BTDTGTTS! :lol4:

8. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Some days you have to carefully sit in the recliner, and don't drink anything hot. :(

CajunBP, frodo, rigrat and 3 others like this.
  9. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Man sorry to hear about your day. would have quit right after falling off of the ladder. You had one for the books there. Be very cautious starting tomorrow

10. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

11. Leadburner

Leadburner Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

12. patchz

patchz Court Jester

I'm sorry, I just can't press the like button on that. :eek:

13. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

14. sounds like a monsatday all day long

15. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Sorry you had a bad day Ellis. You're getting as bad as me. Good luck tomorrow.

16. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Grit your teeth...it'll get better sometime...may have to wait awhile, though! :mad:

17. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

We need a "like, but not really like" button!!