Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Who would ship ammo in marked boxes?
Plenty of places do. I just got some 77 gr 5.56 from Midway, and it came in a box that says "IMI SYSTEMS 500 CARTRIDGES 77 GRAIN 5.56" on it. I've also gotten Fiocchi and S&B 9mm with their logos all over the boxes.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,143 Posts
Plenty of places do. I just got some 77 gr 5.56 from Midway, and it came in a box that says "IMI SYSTEMS 500 CARTRIDGES 77 GRAIN 5.56" on it. I've also gotten Fiocchi and S&B 9mm with their logos all over the boxes.
Yeah I got some Tula ammo in boxes labeled as ammo.

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
Their so full of bull. Ammo doesn’t have to be signed for by Mississippi law or federal and is no more dangers than a rock without the proper instrument to utilize it. If the LEO had kept it, it would’ve been theft.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
A couple months ago I had a couple thousand rounds of 22s to be delivered. Got a call from a restaurant 30 miles from home saying they had a package that was addressed to me. I show up and there are 3 big brown boxes with “Federal Ammunition” and a big logo on the box. I’m surprised they even called. It was suppose to be a ID and signature required delivery.

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
Some HST and some TMJ

Reactions: 7557

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Yeah I got some Tula ammo in boxes labeled as ammo.
Oh yeah, the last box of Wolf 7.62x39 I ordered has a huge Wolf ammo logo on it, and a label saying exactly what type of ammo and how much is in the box.

Reactions: infosponge

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
So, was this delivered to the correct place or what? Why did the deputy chief even get involved? Was the 15 minute rule just made up to make the reporter feel self righteous?

Oh, it was "probably hydro-shock". They probably saved 13000 lives with their quick action.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
The Sheriff was throwing his weight around if he had kept it it would have been stealing as he would not have been able to produce a law that gave him the right to confiscate it.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Marked as Federal 9mm ammo
Ah, OK, I get it, in the original cases labeled for warehouse use/delivery to retailers. I misunderstood use of the word "marked" to mean the boxes had somehow been specially labeled so as to make them more conspicuous.
Yes I've had cases delivered like that. Thinking about it now, I wonder if there's not some federal regulation that requires clear labeling. Otherwise I would think it to be prudent to deliver such in unmarked boxes, save shipper & addressee information. This seems to me to be like delivering a large box labeled "THERE IS A RIFLE INSIDE THIS BOX, STEAL IT WHILE YOU CAN!!" and leaving it in the driveway.
Oh wait, back around 1988 or so UPS left my Reising submachinegun (bought on my C&R license) on the front porch in Hattiesburg. This on a street where lots of kids walked home from Thames elementary school every afternoon... I found it about 7 pm when I got home from w*rk.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
11,153 Posts
Word on the street is Deputy Chief/Chief Deputy/Assistant Grand Water Buffalo Alan White took possession of the ammo, called the business and gave it 15 minutes to get the ammo or else it would be making a nice, unsolicited donation to the Sheriff's training program.
If I was involved, after the boxes were empty, I would fill them with rocks, tape them back closed, and put them right back out front . . . and make sure that Deputy Chief/Chief Deputy/Assistant Grand Water Buffalo Alan White heard about it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts