Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Opinions on Smith & Wesson 60 Pro-Series.357-Mag 3"

i really enjoy this handgun. it shoots smoothly, but with a punch...if that makes any sense. Very easy to conceal. There is a smaller flame or "fireball" that comes out when shooting hotter 357 loads out of it.

lots of fun.

·
Registered
362 Posts

I've got one of same model, or had one. After the first trip to the range my wife laid claim to it. I did use the excuse, I bought it for her when i got it. But she took me serious. Load it with 38's and she'll shoot the plate rack all day.
Had it about a year now, shoots good and have had no issues.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

....see, and I understand where you're coming from with that.

I'm telling you, the single action trigger on this one is perfect.

when i shoot the +p little fireballs come out

·
Premium Member
13,897 Posts

pinetor said:
Why put a "slab side" on a carry gun?

Not that DW lovers don't do it as well.

I can't think of the right words to describe that!!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

22lrfan said:
I can't think of the right words to describe that!!!
You can...you are just too polite to use them in public.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

Wow ,, so much hate....

Its not my gun.. so oh well.

Probably an 1980's model.

2.5" Extra heavy shroud
Tacticool style flash hider
modified (non-target) front sight blade
all the above by EWK

The grips are custom by L. Bruce

All of it is removable in about 3 minutes out in the field, by the shooter.

Oh and trust me... there are must "uglier" DW's out there. The Model 11 has an exposed 12 point barrel nut and barrel shroud that has this dog-leg part comming down to meet the trigger guard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Opinions on Smith & Wesson 60 Pro-Series.357-Mag 3"

Anyone have one of these (Smith & Wesson 60 Pro-Series.357-Mag 3")? They are a 5-shot. Here are more specs: Self-Defense, Not ‘Stuff’ Defense | Into the Fray | USCCA

with a 357 I prefer a 3'' barrel rather than a snub nose.

has anyone experienced any problems with these? let me know what you think if you've shot one or have one.
Yes, I have a S&W Model 60 Pro Series slab side 3 inch barrel. Very nice wood grips. Double action is very nice. Single action is like breaking glass, extremely nice trigger. I do not have very many rounds through it but I have had no issues with the firearm at all. I have only shot about 50 rounds of 38 Special through it. Not sure what it would feel like with 357 magnums. I like that it is a steel handgun, it is not heavy but the steel weight would certainly mitgate felt recoil more than my S&W 642 Airweight. I have several J Frames and this one is one of my safe queens.

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
Yes, I have a S&W Model 60 Pro Series slab side 3 inch barrel. Very nice wood grips. Double action is very nice. Single action is like breaking glass, extremely nice trigger. I do not have very many rounds through it but I have had no issues with the firearm at all. I have only shot about 50 rounds of 38 Special through it. Not sure what it would feel like with 357 magnums. I like that it is a steel handgun, it is not heavy but the steel weight would certainly mitgate felt recoil more than my S&W 642 Airweight. I have several J Frames and this one is one of my safe queens.
That post you replied to is almost 10 years old

1 - 18 of 18 Posts