Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across this this morning. Apparently due to Covid shutdowns the supply of optical glass for scopes, and similar is being interrupted. The vast majority of this kind of glass comes from China, and from what I read the entire Chinese production of it is shut down. We're not talking finished lenses here, but the basic glass. So whatever quantity of raw material the scope manufacturers have in existing inventory is used up, that's it for a while. Prices of optics will go up. So if you're looking for a new scope or bino's or whatever, the advice is to get it now.

Y'all can verify this by searching for " rifle scope glass shortage "

The hits just keep coming. :mad:

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Hope this won't affect eyeglasses. The lawnmower ate my glasses a few days ago and insurance won't put up for more until after 3 September (one per year!). They pay 100% of frames and ~ 60% of the transitions bifocal lenses, so I have to wait, otherwise too expen$ive. It would be just my luck that I go to order and there's no glass for the lens...:(

·
Registered
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope this won't affect eyeglasses. The lawnmower ate my glasses a few days ago and insurance won't put up for more until after 3 September (one per year!). They pay 100% of frames and ~ 60% of the transitions bifocal lenses, so I have to wait, otherwise too expen$ive. It would be just my luck that I go to order and there's no glass for the lens...:(
Most eyeglasses these days are acrylic, so it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Banned
30 Posts
..Yes, I did force a cheap tritium vial under the fiber optic. And unbelieveable yes it actually works it make it visible in zero light. The China ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts