Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We plan to go to Buccaneer State Park on Wednesday and camp there through Sunday night. we will return home Sunday then go to Flint Creek Tuesday the 7th and stay there four days. I plan to do little more than grill, eat, and nap!
This will be the maiden voyage for my new truck to pull our camper. I'll grill burgers on the 4th as well a a henway.
Will we see any other MSGO members at either place?

·
Just another day!
686 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Better bring some shade tents for Buccaneer. Not many trees down there. It’s nice though. I love Flint Creek. We used to spend 3 or 4 weeks a Summer there when the kids were younger. I miss those days.

·
Registered
16,188 Posts
Well, my son was coming in from Houston today to spend the week at the cabin.
He has a new AR10 to sight in. But, the 6 yo granddaughter started running a fever
yesterday and they went to the doctor expecting it to be strep throat. Not strep and
not the flu. So, down the road to be tested for Covid. They are in quarantine until
the test results come back...5 days.

We are very apprehensive as covid has a whole 'nother dimension with kids that young.

·
Free Edward Snowden
6,271 Posts
He has a new AR10 to sight in. But, the 6 yo granddaughter started running a fever
yesterday and they went to the doctor expecting it to be strep throat. Not strep and
not the flu. So, down the road to be tested for Covid. They are in quarantine until

We are very apprehensive as covid has a whole 'nother dimension with kids that young.
Sorry to hear that, John.

Keeping all of you in my intercession.

Take heart. Kids are tough.

·
Free Edward Snowden
6,271 Posts
We'll likely be on the beach at Long Beach. Did the 4th there for the last two years. They have a remarkably good fireworks show. Particularly for such a small community.

Stumbled upon it on the way home from the Biloxi show (3 years ago), which we find to be kinda so so. And the location ain't all that great.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I would love to travel south to the coast, but not this time. Plan to spend a few days at Bay Springs lake after the 4th with family members, Looked at email comp today, no guest. Daughter and 2 granddaughters planed to join us for a day or 2. Guess they stay at home to work or guard.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Headed to Cajun Palms for the week of the 4th and Little Black Creek end of July for a few days, been a rather slow camping year as the virus has hindered camping for us.

·
Registered
16,188 Posts

Good news (we think)

The granddaughter's fever broke after 24 hrs.
Still waiting on the test results but we hopeful.

·
Registered
16,188 Posts
Good news (we think)

The granddaughter's fever broke after 24 hrs.
Still waiting on the test results but we hopeful.
Covid test came back negative.
They could not identify what she had.

They are inbound to Mississippi today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts