Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outlaw Steel Carry Gun Match Saturday, August 25, 2018 at Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club in Byram.

Registration is open. If you think you might attend, please register.

Results of this match will be posted to Practiscore.

This match will consist of 5 stages with 5 targets per stage, set at 8 to 10 yards. Each stage will be shot 5 times with the total of your 4 best times being your score for that stage. Starting position for each stage will be your loaded gun placed on a barrel with you behind the barrel. One or two stages may require modest movement while on the clock.

Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club is a cold range, so insure your carry gun is unloaded and in a case/bag before entering the range. There will not be a place for you to unload your gun once entering the range property. Failure to comply with these rules will result in a Match Disqualification.

The following divisions will be recognized:
  • Compact Revo - barrel length under 4 inches
  • Compact SemiAuto - barrel length under 4 inches
  • Unlimited - all other guns
Setup starts at 7AM and Check In/Registration closes at 8AM. Late arrivals will be turned away, no exceptions.

Please be courteous to your fellow competitors and arrive on time.

There will be a brief Shooters meeting after registration closes and then the match will start.

Match Fee
  • $11
  • Juniors $5
  • $6 those assigned to a setup crew $6

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
The way I understand the carry match is as follows:
1. There will be 5 shots needed for each time you shoot a stage and all stages are shot 5 times. Total of 125 shots needed per match.

2. You will receive a penality of 3 seconds added to your time if you miss a plate and you receive a 3 second penality if you fire more than 5 times per run.

If you do shoot your normal carry gun, don't bring it loaded to the match.

These carry matches are setup to allow someone shooting a 5 shot revolver to compete since they would not have to do a reload on the clock. At least this is my understanding of how things work. The match director can make changes and just inform everyone of the change during the safety briefing prior to the the start of the match.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The way I understand the carry match is as follows:
1. There will be 5 shots needed for each time you shoot a stage and all stages are shot 5 times. Total of 125 shots needed per match.

2. You will receive a penality of 3 seconds added to your time if you miss a plate and you receive a 3 second penality if you fire more than 5 times per run.

If you do shoot your normal carry gun, don't bring it loaded to the match.

These carry matches are setup to allow someone shooting a 5 shot revolver to compete since they would not have to do a reload on the clock. At least this is my understanding of how things work. The match director can make changes and just inform everyone of the change during the safety briefing prior to the the start of the match.
Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts