close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Outlaw Steel Match Sunday, July 23, 2017 at Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club

Discussion in 'All Things Steel' started by Golfer, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Golfer

Golfer Distinguished Poster

Outlaw Steel match Sunday, July 23, 2017 at Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club in Byram, MS.

Registration is open. If you think you might attend, please register.

Results of this match will be posted to Practiscore.

The match will consist of five stages. Four stages using a Steel Challenge format, with the fifth stage being a field course, requiring movement and 10+ targets. 125 rounds minimum.

NOTE:
    Magnolia is a cold range and as such guns may not be handled in the parking lot. All guns must be in a case or bag and brought to the designated "Safe" area to be removed from their case or bag and holstered, or if a long gun, placed in a cart with a visible chamber flag as appropriate. Guns may not have any ammunition in them and ammunition may not be handled in the "Safe" area.

The following Divisions will be recognized.
    • Center Fire Pistol - any pistol firing 9mm/.38 Special or larger ammo (no magnums)
    CF Open - Optics, Compensators, and any safe holster/position allowed
    CF Limited - iron sighted pistol, without compensator, barrel ports, or optical sights
    • Rimfire Pistol - any pistol firing .22LR ammo
      • RF Open - Optics and Compensators allowed
      • RF Irons - Iron sighted, without a compensator, barrel ports or optic sights
    • Pistol Caliber Carbine - 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, .45 ACP
    PCCO - Optics
    PCCI - Iron sighted

.22s are welcome, but not recommended for this match as they typically can not knock over the steel targets used on the field course.

Setup starts at 7AM and Check In/Registration closes at 8AM. Late arrivals will be turned away, no exceptions.

Please be courteous to your fellow competitors and arrive on time.

There will be a brief Shooters meeting after registration closes and then the match will start.

Match Fee
    • $11
    • Juniors $5
    • For those who arrive early and are assigned to a setup crew $6

2. auburntiger

auburntiger Distinguished Poster

I know this is a "stupid question" for a newbie, but I have shot in Steel Challenge, was is the major difference in outlaw steel?

3. Golfer

Golfer Distinguished Poster

Steel Challenge consists of 8 defined, standard stages. Outlaw Steel is whatever the Match staff chooses. Matches will usually have a stage or two with movement, one of which may be a "field course" with 25-30 rounds and moving targets like the Texas Star and/or Polish or Irish Plate Rack. There may be different colored targets designated as "no hit", partially blocking a target, and that would be a penalty if hit. Outlaw is whatever we can think of :)

captain-03 likes this.
  4. Dave

Dave Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Come on out in the morning and have fun. Single stack and Glock 17 without optics are the same division (center fire Limited). Far fewer divisions in Outlaw steel. The field course is always fun. Too bad we only get to shoot the field course once each match if you only shoot one gun.

granjack likes this.
  5. Keenan

Keenan Hiding in plain sight.

I am ready...let's do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

granjack and Golfer like this.
  6. anichols

anichols Distinguished Poster

7. Dave

Dave Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

The match yesterday was fun. Plenty of steel on the field course. 2 Texas Stars and the Polish plate rack not to mention the static steel. I did see a little rain as we finished the last stage but nothing much.

Thanks to all that made this match fun.

ezgo and Lefty2Guns like this.