Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Sig 12rnd factory mags. One of them will accept 12rnds, the other only 11. I've taken both apart, and compared the pieces (springs, base plates, followers, bodies). Everything is identical as far as I can tell. Same ammo in both (Hornady Critical Duty 9mm). Anyone else experience this?

Anyway, I've decided to load only 11rnds in both for the sake of consistency instead of trying to fix the one. :confused:

·
Premium Member
All lost in tragic accident. :(
143 Posts
I have 2 Sig 12rnd factory mags. One of them will accept 12rnds, the other only 11. I've taken both apart, and compared the pieces (springs, base plates, followers, bodies). Everything is identical as far as I can tell. Same ammo in both (Hornady Critical Duty 9mm). Anyone else experience this?

Anyway, I've decided to load only 11rnds in both for the sake of consistency instead of trying to fix the one. :confused:
I have 2 of the 12 rounders, one of them is fairly easy to load, but the other, which isn't used as much, is a PITA to get it fully loaded. The mags are the hardest to load I've ever dealt with (the 15 rounder is SUPER hard).

Are you using anything to assist in reloading them or just fingers?

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have 2 of the 12 rounders, one of them is fairly easy to load, but the other, which isn't used as much, is a PITA to get it fully loaded. The mags are the hardest to load I've ever dealt with (the 15 rounder is SUPER hard).

Are you using anything to assist in reloading them or just fingers?
I use an Uplula.

ETA: Yep, they are all (including the 10rnd) difficult to get that last round in. What concerns me is not being one round short, but possibly spreading the mag lips or deforming a case. Either could be a more serious issue, so I decided not to load to full advertised capacity on any of them.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
No problem with my 12's or 15's ... I use the Uplula too.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Curious how long have you had them? Mine are about a year old.
Just about 5 months for the 12's, and 4 months for the 15-rd mag.

·
Registered
I lost all of them in a boating accident
20 Posts

Call them and get a replacement. Something is bent

·
Registered
DDM4 V11, Sharps 300BLK, Aero AR15, HK P30L, Sig P365X, G43, Ruger 25-06, Benelli SBE2, Rem 870 WM
25 Posts
This is a known and common issue. I see it posted on the FB groups almost daily. Personally, I had some difficulty at first with my 12 rd mags, but after shooting and cycling them a few times it seems the springs seem to loosen up and get right. I used a loader to load them full, shot them, cycled them through a few times and I leave them fully loaded and don't have any issue with them now. (They still aren't super easy to top off, but I can do it without a loader now).

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a known and common issue. I see it posted on the FB groups almost daily. Personally, I had some difficulty at first with my 12 rd mags, but after shooting and cycling them a few times it seems the springs seem to loosen up and get right. I used a loader to load them full, shot them, cycled them through a few times and I leave them fully loaded and don't have any issue with them now. (They still aren't super easy to top off, but I can do it without a loader now).
Yeah, I found that out a week or so ago, and have been doing the same as you suggest. Shouldn't have to do that tho. These are the only mags for any of my guns that have had this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts