Pascagoula Gun Show, May 19-20, 2018

Discussion in 'South Mississippi' started by TwangBanger, May 16, 2018.

1. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Any MSGO deplorables making the trip to Pascagoula this weekend? I'll probably go Saturday.

I went last year, and really enjoyed it. It's a David Chancellor show, so it should be good.

Mesquite likes this.
  2. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Would be going except will be gone. Hope it's good.

3. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Daughter’s graduation and relatives at the house make that an impossibility this weekend.

LeansVeryRight2016 likes this.
  4. burb1989

burb1989 Distinguished Poster

Saucier
    I used to go to Pascagoula years ago but stopped going about two or three years ago since the milsurps there were beginning to dry up. Last Pascagoula show I went to (two or three years ago)had no milsurps at all so I went to visit an old high school friend of mine who lived nearby. I ended up buying a carcano that his grandfather brought back from North Africa to save it from a police buyback. Now I kind of avoid Pascagoula just for the same reason I stopped going to the old Hattiesburg and Jackson shows: too far away for me with too little reward.

CajunBP likes this.
  5. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Well, I made the trip to Pascagoula today. The show was nice and big - the way Big Pop shows generally are. Lots of vendors and lots of guns (not too many antique coins, etc.). Saw one table with powder, and about 3 with brass. That's it for reloading.

The main thing I was looking for was a single-shot rifle in .357 Magnum. No such luck. Down Range from Jackson had a table with about a dozen Handi-Rifles, in every caliber EXCEPT .357. They had a couple of used handguns I looked at . . . a Charter revolver in .44 Spl ($399), and a CZ75 P07 in 9 mm ($429), but decided to pass. Even though I didn't buy or sell, all in all it was a good show, and I was glad I went.

PS. @burb1989 you would've been disappointed. The only milsurps I saw were about 3 Mosins.

Southshorerob likes this.
  6. burb1989

burb1989 Distinguished Poster

Saucier
    That sounds about right for Pascagoula. Looks like I probably still won't be making the trip back over there for a show anytime soon. The ones I already go to are very nice and have more than 3 milsurps at them.