Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Gun-Fu Wannabe; Just Living Life
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good ones in the area? There is one I keep passing on 40th Ave, but they NEVER have the doors open. Looking to see if I can find some good deals ....

·
Super Moderator
8,087 Posts
I always liked Fisher Bros. Pawn Shop (Pawn Shop Plus) on Broadway, a block south of Cloverleaf Mall . . . but a couple years ago, the Fisher Brother (Bill & Richard) retired and sold it to new owners. Haven't been in since.

My other fave was "Hock It To Doc" on 49 about a half-mile south of Hardy. When I was in college, Doc had possession of my 10.5" Ruger SBH more often than I did, as I was always needing gas money to go back to Natchez and see my girlfriend (now wife). Sadly, the last time I was in Hattie, I saw that it had closed down.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always liked Fisher Bros. Pawn Shop (Pawn Shop Plus) on Broadway, a block south of Cloverleaf Mall . . . but a couple years ago, the Fisher Brother (Bill & Richard) retired and sold it to new owners. Haven't been in since.

My other fave was "Hock It To Doc" on 49 about a half-mile south of Hardy. When I was in college, Doc had possession of my 10.5" Ruger SBH more often than I did, as I was always needing gas money to go back to Natchez and see my girlfriend (now wife). Sadly, the last time I was in Hattie, I saw that it had closed down.
I’ll go see if Fishers is still around at lunch since I work right there.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I find something, does my address on my license have to match my current address since I moved last month and haven’t had time to get it changed yet?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
If I find something, does my address on my license have to match my current address since I moved last month and haven’t had time to get it changed yet?
The address you put on the 4473 has to match your license/CCW permit.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Southern Pawn is the one on 40th. It’s the only one I go by every time I go to Camp Shelby. I’ve gotten several good deals there.

Reactions: eric3713 and para40

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I go by Pawn Shop+ on W Pine every few months. I haven’t bought anything there since the ownership change. They do have a good supply of AR parts.

Reactions: para40

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Further down W Pine is American Pawn & Jewelry. He has a decent number of guns but tends to be high. He does get some of the older stuff I like in stock from time to time.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
On the west side of 49 on Lincoln is Brian’s Gun & Pawn. Small selection but I’ve got several good deals there.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I went by there a couple months ago. They only have new guns and the prices seemed high. I only buy used ones so I haven’t been back by there. Money man Pawn is on 98 near Heritage. There was a limited selection but a few good deals.

Reactions: para40 and rigrat

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Southern Pawn is the one on 40th. It’s the only one I go by every time I go to Camp Shelby. I’ve gotten several good deals there.
And the door is NEVER open when I go by.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
And the door is NEVER open when I go by.
It's usually around 1:00-2:00 when I go by there. I've only found them closed once.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been to them all but I’m into milsurps and there are very few offerings of them. Southern Pawn is a good one to work with on FFL shipments!

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's usually around 1:00-2:00 when I go by there. I've only found them closed once.
Went by there yesterday around 2pm, doors closed. Tried to call, nobody ever answered. I got errands to do tomorrow, will try again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts