Mississippi Gun Owners banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Man my wife was diagnosed with the exact same thing 8 months ago..I completely understand what y’all are going through right now and We will be praying for you…you can pm me if you want to. My wife said she would more than glad to speak with your wife if that’s not to intrusive…I truly believe prayers work..

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Prayers for your wife and family, and may the LORD guide your physicians as they gear up to treat her.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not certain if my prayers go beyond the ceiling anymore...but trust me with this brother, you, your wife, your family, the surgeon will be the main topic. Had a few scary moment's with my wife few years back but all turn out well.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Not certain if my prayers go beyond the ceiling anymore...but trust me with this brother, you, your wife, your family, the surgeon will be the main topic. Had a few scary moment's with my wife few years back but all turn out well.
Thanks @Old Dogs. I’m certain that they do.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Our prayers have been answered in one positive way. No, the cancer isn't gone but, its size and location make it an excellent candidate for a lumpectomy. The indications are that it likely took about 5 years to get to this size so it's very slow growing.

They'll go in on the 24th and remove the tumor and an adjacent lymph node, send both to pathology to determine if he got enough margin and if there is any trace of the cancer in the lymph nodes. After that, we're looking at 6 weeks of radiation therapy with no chemo expected. If you have to have breast cancer, this is about the best possible way to have it. The surgeon told Mandy that she should live to be an old lady and that it wouldn't be breast cancer that took her life. Of course, there's always a chance that the stars and planets could line up wrong and thing take a turn for the worse but I'm focusing on the positive.

I feel such a weight lifted off my shoulders. I mean, it's still a journey, but at least it's not through the desert. Praise God!!

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wonderful news! My Mother had two lumpectomy’s over the years. Never had any return after that. Breast cancer isn’t what caught up to her either. God guides us all in ways we will never understand! Continued prayers for the surgery, pathology, and for even more open doors of service in ways that wouldn’t have been possible without this walk on the path of life!

·
MSGO Court Jester
45,385 Posts
Great news Jerry. But prayers will continue anyway. God bless.

Larry

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Our prayers have been answered in one positive way. No, the cancer isn't gone but, its size and location make it an excellent candidate for a lumpectomy. The indications are that it likely took about 5 years to get to this size so it's very slow growing.

They'll go in on the 24th and remove the tumor and an adjacent lymph node, send both to pathology to determine if he got enough margin and if there is any trace of the cancer in the lymph nodes. After that, we're looking at 6 weeks of radiation therapy with no chemo expected. If you have to have breast cancer, this is about the best possible way to have it. The surgeon told Mandy that she should live to be an old lady and that it wouldn't be breast cancer that took her life. Of course, there's always a chance that the stars and planets could line up wrong and thing take a turn for the worse but I'm focusing on the positive.

I feel such a weight lifted off my shoulders. I mean, it's still a journey, but at least it's not through the desert. Praise God!!

Thank you all for your prayers and support.
🙏

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
She had the MRI today and they identified another spot. Its 1/3 the size of the first, but it’s location could totally change the plan of care as it’s more into the breast tissue. They’ll be doing a focused ultrasound to determine if it’s an irregularity. Lord what a roller coaster ride this is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
She had the MRI today and they identified another spot. Its 1/3 the size of the first, but it’s location could totally change the plan of care as it’s more into the breast tissue. They’ll be doing a focused ultrasound to determine if it’s an irregularity. Lord what a roller coaster ride this is.
Continued prayers for y’all.
When life gives you too much to stand, kneel.
When things seem too tough and too much for us to handle, remember, God has already prepared us for the tribulation and prepared the way. We simply must give in to Him and let Him lead the way.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts