Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A workhorse that has taken more scrap eaters than I can count. Never let me down

·
MSGO Court Jester
36,869 Posts
I have different ones for different size critters, from .22 up to .45-70.

Reactions: RONIN79

·
Registered
71 Posts

I have plenty to choose from but for the price I paid for this 702 I don't mind if it gets dinged up a bit. Hasn't let me down yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the fact it has metal magazines, I can get my hands around to switch out . Nerve problems in my hands make it hard for me with my 10/22 . So I call it my Mossberg 10/22. Lol

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
9,584 Posts
That’s a awful lot to just grab and run outside when you here something scratching around..hahah
Oh, For that I grab my AR from the SHTF thread. Or if a snake then my birds head rough rider loaded with 22mag rat shot. Not many critters make it past the dog, ones that do probably need something centerfire anyway

·
Premium Member
13,504 Posts
Glennfield 30-30.......taken more animals than I’ll admit to. Sometimes old works just as well as the new stuff.
(pardon the picture,I just went in there piled some pillows and draped a towel lol)

I’ve taken hogs with my 458 and 300blk but those aren’t evenclose to call them hunting guns. They were just used to see what happens.
Hitting a hog with a 500gn bullet is quite satisfying.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Glennfield 30-30.......taken more animals than I’ll admit to. Sometimes old works just as well as the new stuff.
(pardon the picture,I just went in there piled some pillows and draped a towel lol)
View attachment 231217
I’ve taken hogs with my 458 and 300blk but those aren’t evenclose to call them hunting guns. They were just used to see what happens.
Hitting a hog with a 500gn bullet is quite satisfying.
Ever tried any 600gr plus? Not sure what the heaviest you can load is but the 600gr has to be close to subsonic. Make one hell of a suppressed sub round, it’d hit way harder than all the others.

·
Premium Member
13,504 Posts
Ever tried any 600gr plus? Not sure what the heaviest you can load is but the 600gr has to be close to subsonic. Make one hell of a suppressed sub round, it’d hit way harder than all the others.
NOE has a mold that produces a 590/600gn projectile that I’ve been wanting to try. As of now I run the 500gn spire lead at 1300 (+- 50)FPS. When they hit its like watching a jello mold quiver.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
The Candy Man should have been your log on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts