Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering (1) if this is worth the $ and (2) if there's interest in a group purchase. If yes to both, it would be best if someone who is a "Buyers' Club" member placed the order to get the best price. Shipping not anticipated until November. Lots could happen between now and then, and with the mail in vote, I really fear what will happen in November.
OK, what do y'all think?

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Link didn't work this morning so I'm reposting.
Any interest? A club order would be $665, free shipping. I'm willing to go in 1/4. I'm not a club member so hoping someone here is and is willing to be part of a group buy.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I wouldn't bother with Sportman's Guide. There have been rampant reports of them continually pushing ship dates of backordered ammo back, and even flat-out cancelling some of them. I had it happen to me with some 9mm.

·
Super Moderator
7,357 Posts
I could place the order if enough people want in, but I don't need any of the ammo.
I joined the "club" on a free trial membership on Black Friday 2019. I forgot to cancel before the free trial period ended, so my credit card got billed for a year's membership. I've never used it since that initial Black Friday purchase.

·
Premium Member
6,069 Posts
I wouldn't bother with Sportman's Guide. There have been rampant reports of them continually pushing ship dates of backordered ammo back, and even flat-out cancelling some of them. I had it happen to me with some 9mm.
That’s why I left them about a year ago. Seems they may have changed owners or something and the free shipping items were greatly reduced and ship dates were slipping.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
That’s why I left them about a year ago. Seems they may have changed owners or something and the free shipping items were greatly reduced and ship dates were slipping.
I've ordered from them on occasion in the past, but they have gotten really bad. I realize lots of vendors have jacked up prices and little to no inventory, but SG seems really bad about it. At least most of the others will tell you something is out of stock.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well y'all have pretty much talked me out of this...

Reactions: stewbaby

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes that is why it was pre-pay back order, but with the comments above I don't think back ordering from SG is a good idea.

Reactions: Mesquite
1 - 9 of 9 Posts