Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If precision rimfire is your thing, we have the match for you. We have been running Precision Rimfire Matches for the last couple of years and they have been a huge hit. Matches are run very similar to PRS Long Range Precision matches scaled down for the 22LR Rimfire. Targets range in distance from 50-100 yards and in size from 5" down to 1/4" with most being sub-3". Shots are taken from various barricade positions pushing you out of your comfort zone and helping you become a better shooter and gain confidence in your rifle.

For upcoming matches, check out www.facebook.com/TGCOutdoors

The Range at TGC Outdoors
662 Highway 7 N
Abbeville, MS 38601 (4 miles north of Oxford)
(662) 281-9933
[email protected]
Font Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Engineering
Sleeve Font Graphics Brand Logo

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did post on the first ad, but you guys can point and help me find a 100 yard accurate 22lr rifle. CZ? Tikka? I am open for suggestions.
The CZ457 is very hard to beat. You can find the Pro Varmint model for just over $600 and it is everything you need in a rifle. The Pro Varmint stock isn't as fancy looking as the Chassis or Manners Stocks models but it is every bit as accurate. I shoot the CZ457 personally. Mine has the Manners Stock, CZ's Integrally Suppressed Barrel, Timney Trigger, Area419 30MOA Scope Base, Area419 Bolt Knob upgrades. None of the upgrades make the rifle any more accurate, they just made me more comfortable behind it and that's a big part of the game too.

I have seen a couple of people shooting the Tikka T1 at matches and I have had the opportunity to put some rounds down range with one. It was very accurate but I did not like the stock it came with from the factory and there aren't as many upgrade options as the CZ.

Speaking of upgrade options...the Bergara B14R (just over $1000) is an amazing option too and has a huge availability of upgrades since it is based on the Remington 700 footprint. Apart from dropping big money on a Vudoo or RimX, the B14R is going to give you the most options in stock / chassis choices, triggers, and scope mounts.

All of the above rifles are plenty accurate for matches at 100 yards and in. And we've taken the Bergara and the CZ out to 400 yards so far. My suggestion would be to pick the one that looks and feels best to you and is compatible with any upgrades you may want.

If you are close to the Oxford area, swing by one of our matches. We are all always happy to let people get behind our rifles and try them out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TGC, I‘am sort of long and lanky, I was wondering how the tikka felt.
The stock on the Tikka felt smaller to me but I'm not sure that the length of pull was any shorter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts