Mississippi Gun Owners banner

President's report 6/8/2012

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mildot 
#1 ·
I met briefly with Mr. Sojourner today and showed him some pictures of a dream range in Ohio I found on the net so he could get a good visual for what we need. I also showed him some plans for safety berms and target carriers as well as photos of the location showing his property lines, courtesy of Mildot.

He said we are "still in his crosshairs" but that he'd been busy this week. The land is owned jointly with his brother who is on a cruise then will be going to Disney with the grandkids and will not be back for 10 or 15 days so we will have to wait a couple weeks before hearing anything.

After looking at the plans we agreed he will do the site work including the concrete for the safety berm and he wants to get it done this summer because it gets too wet to work there in there in the winter.

Target carriers, number boards, etc will be on us. I'll start pricing these items, drawing some labor and equipment from our pool of talented shooters. Planting some type of suitable ground cover will be a pressing need as well.

#4 ·
Prez.... thanks for the update. Things are still sounding promising.

I will start sketching some drawing for the range layout (plan & elevation views) and target carriers. The range layout is mainly for us (all the types of shooting planned for the range) to agree on and something to show Mr. S.

#5 ·
SubGunFan said:
Prez.... thanks for the update. Things are still sounding promising.

I will start sketching some drawing for the range layout (plan & elevation views) and target carriers. The range layout is mainly for us (all the types of shooting planned for the range) to agree on and something to show Mr. S.

Thanks, subgunfan! All I know to suggest is to make sure there is ample room between the target carriers and the impact berm so heavy equipment can get in and service the berm from time to time. Width is tentatively 10' per shooter, so 150' for the shooting positions plus room for a pit road should do it.

The range source book has a complete set of prints and takeoffs for the carriers so you don't have to do that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.