close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pretty much finished my SBR

Discussion in 'Firearms Gallery' started by 95 taco, Jul 16, 2016.

1. 95 taco

95 taco Blessed are the peacemakers

Pretty much done with this one, only thing left to do is put a decent red dot on it, thinking about a holosun that has the auto-on feature.
    May also add a noveske KX3 but if I do that I'll have to figure out how to extend the light out so I don't get shadow.
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]

2. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

I like it, get some good ear pro!

J.B.

Mesquite, I'm a Rebel and 95 taco like this.

3. 95 taco

Thanks, yeah definitely need to upgrade the ear pro, first time I shot it I invited a Mil buddy who never wears ear pro (and because of it is nearly legally deaf), put 3 rounds through it and he yells at me to cease fire so he can find something to use as ear pro.

I'm just using some good rubber plugs for now but I'm looking into the custom ear-formed plugs, I can't stand wearing muffs when shooting long guns and long guns are most of my shooting.

4. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

The kx3 will help ,my 7.5" pistol is not that bad at all with one.

5. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Yeah I have a kx3 on my 7.5 as well and it really isn't that bad for the shooter. Now down range and to the sides is a different story man that thing thumps

6. 95 taco

Well it's a good thing I'm pretty happy with this one, I just bough a 11.5" upper from PSA yesterday evening.
    Due to the recent events I let a local LEO (Who is on my trust, so it is legal) borrow my SBR just in case S#it blew up, after loading up my 16" rifle to have ready I realized how much I absolutely hate a full size carbine for truck duty and home defense.
    Not really sure how I'm gonna build the 11.5" yet, I'd like a Keymod hand guard to match the other upper but It's difficult to find a 10" keymod hand guard that isn't more than $100-150.

7. 95 taco

Ordered a Holosun red dot for this yesterday, hoping to have it dialed in by the weekend.

8. blkout

blkout Distinguished Poster

Good looking SBR. What sling are you using on it?

9. 95 taco

Thanks, it's a Magpul MS4.

10. blkout

Thanks for the information. Been trying to decide what sling I want to use with my rifle.

11. 95 taco

I can't offer much input, this MS4 is the first "tactical" (Non standard) sling that I've ever used and I've only ever used slings on my hunting rifle (Marlin 336).
    I do like how easy it is to adjust and I like the QD system, also being convertible from 2 point to 1 point is ver nice also.

12. blkout

I have never used a "tactical" sling either, but I do like the option of the 2 point 1 point feature. Going to have to order one and see how I like it.

95 taco likes this.
  13. 95 taco

Updated picture with the new red dot and paint.
    [​IMG]

14. blkout

15. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Full Poster

ditto!

95 taco likes this.
  16. 95 taco

I got some great Ear pro a few months ago, sadly due to warranty restrictions I had to go a little longer on the barrel.
    I have since gotten the adapter to shorten it up about 1" to make it more manageable, if I wanted to go shorter I could go with a 1" shorter barrel or go to 300 BLK and get a 8" barrel.
    IMG_8522.JPG

jakeg823 likes this.
  17. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Nocturnal Specialties

I wear ear plugs or ear muffs even shooting suppressed... Once you damage your hearing it never gets better.

18. 95 taco

I don't wear true Plugs but I wear bluetooth earbuds that block noise well, I either have hearing damage already or pitch sensitive ears, certain noises give me minor tinnitus.
    Anything other than suppressed subsonic .22 I wear Ear Pro.

19. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

I finally made the decision to spend a little more and try these:

WALKERS GAME EAR SILENCER IN EAR ELECTRONIC EAR BUDS

Our el3ctronic ear muffs were a PITA when we were on our nocturnal excursions.

95 taco likes this.