Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the site/forums. I'm new to reloading and am in need of SPP, LPP, and LRP. I can't find any locally in Desoto, or online for that matter. Does anyone know of any mom and pop stores nearby that may have some, or any individuals willing to part with them?

·
Super Moderator
7,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and good luck on the primers, LOL. They're more rare than hen's teeth and 9 mm ammo. MidwayUSA got some in last week, but they didn't last long. Your best source for anything reloading related here in Mississippi is @Southern Reloading (228-263-5161, don't call after 8 PM). He's based out of Gulfport, but travels all over the state periodically, both setting up at various gun shows, and shooting skeet competitively. His shop is just down the road from my house, but he's been out of almost all primers since this recent shortage started. All I've been able to find in local mom & pop shops is a few boxes of large magnum pistol primers, and some 209's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I actually bought some from Randy at the recent gun show here along with some powder. He had LRM and LP. I've been kicking my self everyday since for not buying more than one box each! He was the only one with reloading supplies. Do you know if he ships?

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Years ago I started a sell with a TN dealer. Buy through me or the dealer. Man I had a lot of orders that would mule train south. But, someone bitched about the sell in the Jackson area. I didn't have a penny in this deal. I called the dealer after I saw a meeting was planned in Jackson was posted. Man, I'm called everything beyond someone's stepchild. Now I have to drive from Nashville, TN to Jackson, MS Because of you.
It didn't matter, He's a dealer, first money talks. He didn't have half what was ordered through him or I. Guess his middle TN buds got it.
At the time of refunding all that was paid to me I was out big bucks. Had to close that bank account and wait for a check to open a new one.
Sorry, Middle Mississippi you screwed me. Hope you find what you need.

·
Super Moderator
7,513 Posts
Do you know if he ships?
Not really sure. You can always call the number above. Although he does travel quite a bit, and with the MSGO pony express/mule train system, it usually doesn't take long to get what you need, provided it's available to start with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts