Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Project: Corncob forearm for my Mossberg .410

Tags
.410 mossberg
3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  oldguns 
#1 ·
I love my little Mossberg .410 but I hate this forearm. I want a “corncob” type forearm but can’t find one. I about to take the saws and sanders to this one. If it goes south I can always order a new one from Mossberg.

The action on this one was a little stiff so I filled it full of valve grinding compound and worked the action about 60 times. After that I cleaned it, lubed it with Mobil 1 and it made all the difference.

Pics soon of the fore arm surgery, here is now before surgery.
Material property Shotgun Hair iron
Material property Shotgun Wood Cylinder Metal

See less See more
#2 ·
That a single bar or double bar action Mossberg? Numrich has them for a single bar, might be easier to mod one of them if yours is a double bar

#4 ·
Maybe remove the "checkering" from the buttstock too???

Will look better with that "corncob" forearm... and the finish on all the wood will match also.

Aesthetics
, you know... :)

#6 ·
@Brother_Love... that stock looks different from the current production Mossberg .410 pump shotguns. Yours has white line spacers and no checkering. Current production has no white line spacers and does have checkering in the grip area. Does not have a gold trigger either.

That looks much like a walnut Marlin stock!!!

#9 ·
Thanks, Malcolm... I understand that one! :)

#10 ·
Brother Love, I like your attitude. You want to get it right so that it is pleasing to you.
We all learn for mistakes that makes us better. You should have no problems selling that forearm as is. I think some of the companies that don,t use walnut wood; spray a varnish stain or some mixture similar. When I have sanded some Marlin 22 stocks, it is difficult to touch them up with regular stain because it sometimes does not penetrate the wood.
You are doing good work.:)

#11 ·
.................... :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.