Project Truck

Discussion in 'Pictures in General' started by nonnieselman, Jul 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Nocturnal Specialties

Well it fires up tonight, uneventfully. I let it get up to temp and shut it down.

Took awhile to get it to fire off tho. Forgot bout 3 vacuum leaks.... I'll fix them tomorrow and double check the rocker bolts.
    The exhaust is very deep sounding.
    Electric fan is controlled by the PCM and i made sure it turned on at 200*.

Maybe this next weekend I'll wrap the exhaust in header wrap and time to go make some pulls!

SubGunFan, Leadburner and wllmkttrll like this.
  2. LOBO

LOBO Distinguished Poster

Very cool truck! Can't wait to see how it does on the dyno & at the track? What dyno will you take it to?

3. nonnieselman

Thanks,
    Me either. ha.. Seems like it has taken forever to get together.

Pass Time Performance in Bogue Chitto. They have a dyno with a Eddy Current brake so i can load the engine.

4. nonnieselman

Center console is coming along better than I expected. Once I like where everything is at I'll paint it.
    Cup holder is from a 2002 Silverado/Tahoe. Gotta have somewhere to hold the Slurpie's

20180510_011840.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    phillipd, Blondie70 and Ellis93 like this.
  5. nonnieselman

Also pulled the 75# injectors out and put in Bosch 90# injectors. It runs way better now. I think these 75s are a Lil dirty inside from sitting for so long.

Got the brakes bleed good too. New SS hoses, 2500 calipers, hydroboost/master cylinder, and wheel cylinders.

Plan on pulling all the exhaust off tomorrow and start wrapping it with header wrap. I'll have to use zipties till my stainless tie wire comes in monday.

Maybe after this weekend it will be ready for a big nasty burnout.

I even went as far as welding tabs on the rear axle to strap it down to the trailer easier. And bolted some more tabs to the bottom of the K-member.

Tapatalk sucks. It won't let me post anything.

6. nonnieselman

Threw the front tires and wheels this evening too. [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

7. nonnieselman

Next up...
    I used a 4.3 radiator so its not all that wide. (4.3 truck radiator support must be different than the V8s?) It has a very narrow opening for the radiator, ill have to get the cutoff wheel out to fix that soon.

And i have enough room on the driver side to run a 1992-2000 Honda Civic radiator that is 14.5" x 16.5" x 1.75", ill try and use this for a Heat Exchanger for the intercooler.
    But before i dive in that far, im looking for a 1.25 to 0.75" reducer of some type since the radiator inlet/outlet is 1.25" and my intercooler hoses are 3/4".

My other option is to get 1" hose for everything if i can find a reducer for that.

I have a small intercooler right now that will be enough to get me thru this year. But next year i do plan on upgrading to a "slightly" larger intercooler.

All my intercooler parts now use 3/4" NPT so no big deal to get 3/4" NPT to 1" Hose barbs.

This is roughly the size of the one i have now. Except different brand.
    I put over 200k miles on it in my other truck. I know its enough to get the truck into the low 11s but its on the limit of what it can handle
    150 PSI Water to Air Intercooler

Future upgrade :D
    150 PSI Water to Air Intercooler

Been searching for awhile and was about to give up and noticed this in the bottom of one of my search pages.

USABlueBook - PVC Hose Barb Reducer Coupling, 1-1/4" x 3/4" (5/pk)

phillipd and Blondie70 like this.
  8. nonnieselman

Well got the shifter half way done. I can go to 4th but not any lower. But it did move in gear so that's good under its own power.
    Hopefully tom night I can wrap the exhaust and fix one leak then I can get the wideband in and start tuning.

9. nonnieselman

Wrapped the exhaust in header wrap. Ran some poly hose from turbo to wastegate, and one from intake to blow off valve.
    I found a 2002 5.3 silverado stock tune and just started from there. Deleted mass airflow stuff and oxygen sensors. Upgraded it to a custom operating system and tried some new stuff. It fires up and ran pretty good. Couple more tries and it's good till I can hook up the wideband to dial in the fuel.

phillipd, 22lrfan and SubGunFan like this.
  10. nonnieselman

Made a throttle cable bracket today[​IMG]

11. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    Where does the air filter go......?

Doesn't look anything like the engines I grew up with....... :D

12. nonnieselman

It goes on the turbo. I'll post pic tomorrow.

13. nonnieselman

Here ya go Sub[​IMG]

phillipd, Blondie70 and fordpkup like this.
  14. Dock Rocker

Dock Rocker Distinguished Poster

You better hook up that coil. It’s not going to run worth a flip if you don’t!

15. nonnieselman

I gotta find a single coil wire that's long enough to dissappear behind the intake......

16. nonnieselman

After putting a set of stock 25# injectors in to figure out a problem. I stumbled upon another problem. Not getting enough fuel pressure even with both fuel pumps on.

I put the 25# in and flashed in a tune with the smaller injector data. It fired up and ran great. Then it died. Come to find out I've ran all 3 gallons of gas thru it I put in last weekend.
    So go get 5 more gallons and put it in.
    It doesn't run good at all. Check pressure and it's barely 20psi. (55-58 is what I need)
    Go turn on the other pump and it slowly climbs.
    Try to relieve some the pressure at the fuel rail and then go pull the filter. It had alot of air in it. And dropped the o-ring from the filter. The gas has made it swell up so I finally get it seated back in the groove and spin the filter on.
    Hook up a hose to the pressure port at the fuel rail and turn on both pumps. It's not much flow at all.
    Going to pick up the smaller filter tomorrow and give it a try before putting another regulator on it or pulling the pumps.... argh...

Blondie70 and fordpkup like this.
  17. Dock Rocker

Dock Rocker Distinguished Poster

Two steps forward and one step back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. blacksmythx

blacksmythx Active Member

Just stumbled upon this thread, read the whole thing. Wow! Just Wow! Getting to the hair pulling part now...

19. nonnieselman

Ha thanks,
    Lots and lots of sleepless nights.
    Ill be busy all this week so maybe this weekend i can find some time to get back at it.
    Just gotta figure out my fuel pressure issue and get wideband going so i can tune it.

20. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

I’m amazed at what you and other members are capable of doing. I enjoy keeping up with your progress, and can’t wait to hear the dyno results.

22lrfan likes this.