Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many have bought , used and prefer the Dagger to the Glocks? Their price is outstanding and its my understanding they are basically a gen 3 Glock and use Glock mags. But here of late I have seen a more than a few being put up for sale on here. That makes me ask is there something wrong with them or is it people are just selling stuff to survive in the Biden end of days?

So are they as good as a Glock? Would you buy one instead of a Glock?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
13,321 Posts
Haven’t held or shot a dagger personally. Buddy has one and I’ve seen a lot of reviews. Consensus is the trigger sucks on them but other than that it’s a solid deal. I do have a dagger slide and I like it. Only negative is the optic cut is a little big for my certain optic but for the price and it being a one cut for many optics I’m okay with it. The trigger deal is a lot of folks don’t like the fulcrum shoe. Easy change though. My only problem was adding tax and shipping and FFL fee made it not as good a deal. Now I have a next door FFL I may get one if ever have free shipping on one. Sure makes me miss the good old days of used gen 3 19s for $300.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I haven't shot one, but I have held one. IMO the frame feels better in hand than a Glock 19 or a P80 build. The only negatives I have heard were a few issues with pins walking out. No firsthand firing experience though. I believe PSA has/is selling the stripped frame if you want to buy their dagger frame and put an OEM slide and parts on it that'd be an option also.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I've shot my son's and compared it to my Gen 3 Glock 19. I like both of them equally well. The triggers is definitely different than the Glocks. He likes it better than Glocks, I was indifferent. I would buy one if I didn't have the P80 that I'm about to build.

·
Super Moderator
11,738 Posts
At least on the coast, FFL transfer fees have really shot up. Places used to charge $20 - $25 bucks are now charging $40. Somethings gotta be a DANG good deal online now, to warrant that kind of fee, especially when you figure in taxes and sometimes shipping. I'm still seeing used Glocks in local Pawn shops for $340-ish, and most will eat the tax if you pay cash. I think I'd sooner go that route, or either buy off Facebook, Mewe, or a forum like MSGO.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Reviews and info I see, says the pistol is generally reliable.
Not many holsters, etc, that are dedicated to it.(the frame).

Only reason I might like to have one, is because I have a Ruger PC 9,
and it uses Glock Mags. Don't have a Glock.

·
Registered
14,152 Posts
I bought one but canceled the order, decided to just wait and buy one of their slides for my p80 frame. Slide looks very well made. Much better than most generic Glock pattern ones I’ve seen. I’ve been lazy and haven’t put the gun together yet.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If didn’t want to go the poly 80 route then I’d probably get a complete dagger slide, whatever lower parts kit, and one of these frames.

That is exactly what I did. I did not care for the looks of the Dagger lower. The Combat Armory lower is compatible with G19 holsters and they don’t charge taxes and have free shipping. I have been quite pleased with mine. I just need an optic on it.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
14,152 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I haven't really had a chance to compare the 2 frames. So what is different about the general shapes that won't allow a Dagger to fit a G19 holster?

Also can a Dagger trigger system be replaced with a Glock one?

·
Rational Anarchist
15,402 Posts
I’ve gotten three but haven’t shot any of them, yet. I like the feel of them & while it sucks, I believe the trigger is usable. Perhaps one day I’ll get out & shoot them… Meanwhile the remodel, garden and tending to chickens are all ongoing & sucking up all of the time & money I’ve got.

·
Rational Anarchist
15,402 Posts
So I haven't really had a chance to compare the 2 frames. So what is different about the general shapes that won't allow a Dagger to fit a G19 holster?

Also can a Dagger trigger system be replaced with a Glock one?
If it was a kydex holster the trigger guard might not line up but they fit in my leather Galco holsters just fine. Of course, all three I’ve got are now in the safe. One’s just a backups. Two are for my boys, but they won’t get them until they’re a little older.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
My two cents. Way better grip and feel in the hand and they’ve done the things Glock should have done all along with the details. Triggers are a little sucky but the pistols shoot straight and point better than the normal glockachoo.
Holsters are an issue.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
If it was a kydex holster the trigger guard might not line up but they fit in my leather Galco holsters just fine. Of course, all three I’ve got are now in the safe. One’s just a backups. Two are for my boys, but they won’t get them until they’re a little older.
How do grip angles compare to a Glock etc?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts