Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Public Firearms Auction

3K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Xd357 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I put in a few bids early just to test the water. Some look good and some cheap junk. I am sure they will all be WAY overpriced by the actual auction but I will still go anyway to look at em in person and see everyone spend their money. I dont think anyone of them will sell for a "good deal" when the smoke clears.

#8 ·
NRA_guy said:
I see this on a 4-wheeler listing. I never heard of it before:

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE MISSISSIPPI STATE TAX COMMISSION CHARGES A $50.00 TRAUMA CARE FEE ON ALL ATV'S, RTV'S, GOLF CARTS, GO CARTS, ETC.
Sounds like we already have Obamacare.
That's for the trauma care center we're supposedly going to get sometime in the next century. They charge it to anything dangerous eg motorcycles

#14 ·
shoeshooter said:
Any idea how that auction works? Couldn't find anything about buyer's premiums, or how/when to pick up, payments, etc.
You can just show up in Picayune.Online there is a 18% buyers premium. Whatever you win is +18% when you go to pay.+ 7% MS sales tax.It says they do a background check there.($15)

When you register it explains it in full detail. What it amounts to is the auction man still gets his cut and then they have an extra % for the online site. Thats how they can afford to put it all online. Then it also has to incled shipping

Going to any auction in person is cheaper unless you include your fuel and time off work.
Most firearms auctions are NEVER a "great deal" always some idiot that gets excited and keeps raising his hand.

#20 ·
So how's this work? I went in and placed a load of bids on several guns. Do they still put them up on the auction block on the day of the auction, and tell everyone the current online bid is "XX," so anyone bid higher? Is that how it goes?

I wouldn't be a threat to a serious bidder with my piddly little stuff, but if nobody has any love for a no-name shottie, who knows? I might get lucky on one...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.