Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This is a friends gun that wants to get it ready to sell, but I am sure that it is missing a piece or two where the bayonet would attach under the barrel at the muzzle end. Can any of you SKS guys tell me what is missing? It is a Norinco brand I believe ,Thanks
gun.jpeg

Premium Member
The spike bayonet is missing and the attaching hardware. During importation back in the 90s they had to drop the bayonet to bring them in to the US. You can buy one with hardware for 40 or 50 bucks on ebay.

渭慰位峤嘉 位伪尾苇
It appears to be all there but the bayonet and cleaning rod. See the internet pic below.

1613963968512.png

Registered
This is a friends gun that wants to get it ready to sell, but I am sure that it is missing a piece or two where the bayonet would attach under the barrel at the muzzle end. Can any of you SKS guys tell me what is missing? It is a Norinco brand I believe ,Thanks View attachment 258554
This is a friends gun that wants to get it ready to sell, but I am sure that it is missing a piece or two where the bayonet would attach under the barrel at the muzzle end. Can any of you SKS guys tell me what is missing? It is a Norinco brand I believe ,Thanks View attachment 258554

Attachments

Premium Member
Just thought I'd chime in here on the Left's visceral hatred of all things firearm. When in God's name was the last time anyone was murdered with a rifle-mounted bayonet? Doesn't matter! Ban the importation!

Best
Doc

Registered
Check the cut out in the wood on the bottom to see if it鈥檚 a spiker or blade bayonet. Spike is cut wide and blade is like a slit.

Registered
You need the spike bayonet (Norinco takes those types, not the blade) and the screw that holds it on, Looks like everything else is there. Can probably find both for $40 or less. But it would easily sell as-is, on this forum or elsewhere, provided the bore is ok, not missing anything else,

Reactions: maxhush

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
What is the deal with numbers matching? I noticed it has the serial number engraved in the wood stock also? He saw me sell a MAK 90 for a kings ransom on gunbroker 2 weeks ago so he may be thinking trying it there first.

Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
What is the deal with numbers matching? I noticed it has the serial number engraved in the wood stock also? He saw me sell a MAK 90 for a kings ransom on gunbroker 2 weeks ago so he may be thinking trying it there first.
Just means all original and correct parts. Usually get a little more, more collectible I guess.
Gunbroker is crazy, never know. But he's definitely not gonna get Mak90 money for a SKS. Though I did see a paratrooper model at the last gun show with $900 on the tag, who knows if ever sold. I almost went home and got mine that looks better and with matching numbers.

Registered
Depending on what type of firearm is in question, "matching" numbers, especially electropencil, can / should throw up red flags. This also applies to "correct" M1 'Garand' rifles, which are not electropencil but have all the same mfg. small parts, for example.
Mis-matched or electropencil numbers don't necessarily mean the gun won't function. On the contrary, it means some armorer somewhere was doing his job and replaced a worn or broken part!

Reactions: Blondie70

Registered

How much is a "king's ransom?" I have some that I may need to sell if the time is right. PM me if you like. Thanks!

Registered
Looks like a late 23 or 24 million serial number range triangle 26 with the inverted take down lever and french ticket hand guard. One of the finest finished SKS to come out of China.

Registered
Matching numbers usually is a sign of original parts and components thus potentially raising the collectors value. Though, not everything with matching numbers is highly collectible I'd say. Sometimes got to watch out for "matching numbers" claims as some guns are notorious for being faked and used and as an excuse to jack prices up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
If it is a one owner gun that was purchased new would it not certainly be "matching parts"?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts