Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,375 Posts
For the most part the majority do sell. Some faster than others depending on the deal. I Think a lot of folks sit them out and wait for the price to drop.
And some list here first for about a week then cross post to other public online selling avenues.
Yours hasn't been up a whole week. Give it time. And it's a very niche item. Shotgun for one, in a big bore, plus muzzle loader. If was a regular SxS shotty it probably would already be gone.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It's cyclical. As various hunting/shooting seasons change, you'll see spikes in certain things selling more quickly than others. Right now, we are just coming off Christmas and getting ready for tax time and those factors along with others play into the sales cycle here. If you look at the bottom of the Classifieds section, there is a "Sold" section where you can see what has sold recently.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
southern reloading buys most of them.

if I look at my "collection" most of my guns came from msgo. I no longer go to gun shows and rarely buy a gun, so I mostly trade. I really don't need 1/2 of what I have, that makes it dangerous when I get bored or start liking something "new".

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
southern reloading buys most of them.
Now 2dark he's gonna get the wrong impression! Only CZ's or 22's are in danger with me!! I had to go look and since I have been on the forum what 6 years or so, I've only bought 57 from this site!! So There!!! May be the reason Cajun has me on an intervention!!!

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
might be forgetting a couple, but off my head 3/15 I own didn't come from here 1 1/2 of those came from a coworker that happens to be a member. now there have been a boatload I got here and traded off probably closer to 25 than 57!

after all all you NEED is a glock and an AK!

oh and a .22......ah and a shotgun......everyone should have one revolver right....

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Some say why so many! While probably most of ya'll have some type of retirement I was self employed for most of my working years. I simply see them as money in the bank. Ya'll out last me and you may get them back on the cheap!!! But I doubt it!! 22lrfan taught me how to keep up with them!! Thanks Marty!!

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Some say why so many! While probably most of ya'll have some type of retirement I was self employed for most of my working years. I simply see them as money in the bank. Ya'll out last me and you may get them back on the cheap!!! But I doubt it!! 22lrfan taught me how to keep up with them!! Thanks Marty!!
Don't worry, if you go before us, Bass, Shrek and I will make sure they go to a good home. We will even haul off that powder, primers and bullets, you know...just sort of help her get it straightened out!

·
Rational Anarchist
14,498 Posts
That makes me think of what my Dad says about his guns. He says “they’re all coming to you, eventually”. I told him that him barely being nineteen years older than me means we’ll be like on Grumpy Old Men, I’ll be an old fart and he’ll just be an older, old fart.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts