close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question about gunsmith Forrest Davis

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Steve B., Dec 20, 2013.

1. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Nice pix jdavis. Where you located? I have 2 Davis guns you night like to see and I would love to see that book and your pistols.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Diana Davis Cole

Diana Davis Cole Distinguished Poster

Thanks for saying that about my dad. And I also have that same book and have wondered if its the one we are hunting for. Found a few the other day when I was unpacking a box of his item.

3. Diana Davis Cole

Don't want to make anyone mad here but just so you will know my Dad's name is Forest. He only has one r in his name. Just wanted ya to know.

Mesquite, CajunBP, melmerf and 5 others like this.
  4. Don Goodman

Don Goodman Distinguished Poster

Miss Diana, just so you know, all the while knowing your dad's given name, out of sheer respect, he was always "Mr. Davis".

5. Diana Davis Cole

Thank you for that.

6. jdavis

jdavis Member

I live inJackson Alabama, No disrespect on misspelling Mr.Forest name. He and Ronald Reagan are the greatest men I know!! I tried several times to file a 1" square,so I could have him blue it like the one he had done..No Luck ..Never got one close!,! Save that I don't think nobody but him or J.M. Browning could.....

7. Don Goodman

aha yes the 1" cube - I forgot ALL about that. Never could master that one either, now on a Bridgeport - maybe.

8. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

It takes many hours with the files and I do mean files cause you will wear out more than a few of them getting an acceptable cube done. Another great gunsmith, (Mr. Bob Day) once told me that until you could use a file and stones you would never be a gunsmith!

9. Don Goodman

That's pretty much what Mr. Davis shared with me.

10. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

I am not at all surprised as Mr. Davis and Mr. Day were close friends and Air force gunsmiths in the early days of building Bullseye pistols.

11. jdavis

jdavis Member