Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,231 Posts
Do some studying on the Boston Tea Party and I believe it'll come across as protest more than riot.
Agreed. And that was in the colonies, not in England. This isn't in a far away from the government colony. Looting ain't protesting. Neither is attacking innocent people.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The wife and I had this very discussion at supper tonight(She's the smart one)
We both are in agreement with you. I will go so far as to say looters should be shot on sight-and not with rubber bullets.....What say ye?
Is this reasonable...
In times of large riots, business owners should have the right to use lethal force to protect their business when property damage is on going.
- 100+ protesters chanting, walking down the street is not a riot
- 1+ more ppl in the group threaten the business and start causing damage may reclassify the group as rioters.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The wife and I had this very discussion at supper tonight(She's the smart one)
We both are in agreement with you. I will go so far as to say looters should be shot on sight-and not with rubber bullets..
BUT. What about the Boston Tea Party? Was that a Protest over taxes or was it a riot?
This topic is a very slippery slope that could be turned to a very bad outcome for liberty.

What say ye?

I say no the Boston Tea party was not a riot in the traditional sense. The Tea Party was well organized. The object was to protest the tax on tea imposed by George the III and the tea was the only property destroyed. Were some merchants hurt because the tea was destroyed? Probably. It was not random violence like we are seeing now with businesses attacked for no good reason other than free stuff. I have never read anything that said the Tea Party participants looted and burned stores on their trip to or from the ships.

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
I say no the Boston Tea party was not a riot in the traditional sense. The Tea Party was well organized. The object was to protest the tax on tea imposed by George the III and the tea was the only property destroyed. Were some merchants hurt because the tea was destroyed? Probably. It was not random violence like we are seeing now with businesses attacked for no good reason other than free stuff. I have never read anything that said the Tea Party participants looted and burned stores on their trip to or from the ships.
Also, who owned the tea?

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
Yes but in modern times? Would they(tea partiers) How would the .gov/cnn react?
Don't think it would happen in modern times. I believe CNN (and maybe the government, depending on who's in the White House and congress) would definitely paint it as domestic terrorism.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,106 Posts
Don't think it would happen in modern times. I believe CNN (and maybe the government, depending on who's in the White House and congress) would definitely paint it as domestic terrorism.
All of the media would paint it as such as well as the Democrats and the RINO's. Hell half the population would probably be right there with that opinion.

upload_2020-6-4_9-46-52.jpeg

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
How about a lot of these people are getting paid or already been paid to insight this stuff
They got to get from point A to point B
Someone (s) funding this stuff it’s this person I would like to meet, only want a pair of needle nose pliers and some” quality “ time with them
I would prefer something like them meeting Merv Griffin, wearing a trench coat and holding a syringe of Windex, in an elevator somewhere in Europe, preferably Brussels for the irony.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,106 Posts
Also, who owned the tea?
The Boston Tea Party was a political protest that occurred on December 16, 1773, at Griffin's Wharf in Boston, Massachusetts. American colonists, frustrated and angry at Britain for imposing “taxation without representation,” dumped 342 chests of tea, imported by the British East India Company into the harbor.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I finished a bunch of tasks early and now home enjoying the AC. Been thinking after watching many days of riots in many cities.

We know that the current generation is the "ME Generation". We allow them to get their way or they jump on social media to all their "friends" and whine when they are told NO.

Let me say first...……. My rant is about all races. But mainly whites and blacks.

I also admit that blacks have had a tougher time in the past. But today is NOT the past.

And...….. Respect verses Courtesy.

If you and I are having a discussion that we disagree on, as a civil person I show you the courtesy of your opinion. I let you talk, then I talk. We might or might not come to an agreement. I owe you the courtesy of your opinion even if I don't respect you. Now.... if I jump in your face yelling and calling you names because you don't agree with me (and telling you your opinion sucks), and you decide your space as been violated and you whip my ass. I deserved that outcome. Ass whippings for non-courtesy people is where the USA has gone wrong lately. Society and politicians have cave into the ME Generation so their feelings aren't hurt.

Yes, some police over-step the bounds. But the current percentage is super small. And yes, the LEOs that do screwup don't deserve any special treatment. However, things would be MUCH better is people today would act more like "good citizens". Being a "good citizen" involves obeying the laws, carrying valid ID, trying hard to get an education at any level, doing your best at the job you have, and understanding that things don't always go your way.

You made the decision to goof off in school, drive with no valid license, sell illegal drugs, steal from others, have a poor work ethic, etc. The police didn't make that decision for you. It is the LEO's job to protect the "good citizens" from you. I can understand the feeling of being caught breaking the law and facing jail time, but when you resist the police, you deserve a "rough arrest". You try to hide your ID because you have a warrant(s) out for your arrest. Who made the decision that caused the act that lead to those warrants? YOU did. And those warrants were issued because you didn't do what you should have......

Protesting vs rioting...………. Two totally different things. Protesting is allowed, rioting is not. When you make the decision to change from a protester to a rioter, I don't give a rat's ass who you are. Or if the police rough you up during the arrest as long as you didn't resist arrest.

Society needs to grow some balls. Forget all that Politically Correct crap. People's feeling get hurt at times. That is part of growing up and being an adult. The world does NOT revolve around you.

Until the "leaders" in our society realize and do something about PC and breaking the laws, we the "good citizens" are in for a long sail on a sinking ship. I am in my early 60s and might not be around to see what the next generation turns out to be. But with the current policies of printing more money (along with my tax dollars) and throwing it at the "problem" is not going to "work" much longer. Printing more money doesn't lead to anything good in the future.

I could go off on many tangents from the above subjects, but this rant is long enough. You guys get my points. Now the "leaders" need to get my points...…………

Don't hold back Sub.

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
The Boston Tea Party was a political protest that occurred on December 16, 1773, at Griffin's Wharf in Boston, Massachusetts. American colonists, frustrated and angry at Britain for imposing “taxation without representation,” dumped 342 chests of tea, imported by the British East India Company into the harbor.

And who owned the East India Company?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,106 Posts
But for your entertainment it was a English company.

Formation[edit]
On 22 September 1599, a group of merchants met and stated their intention "to venture in the pretended voyage to the East Indies (the which it may please the Lord to prosper), and the sums that they will adventure", committing £30,133 (over £4,000,000 in today's money).[26][27] Two days later, "the Adventurers" reconvened and resolved to apply to the Queen for support of the project.[27] Although their first attempt had not been completely successful, they nonetheless sought the Queen's unofficial approval to continue. They bought ships for their venture and increased their capital to £68,373.

The Adventurers convened again a year later, on 31 December, and this time they succeeded; the Queen granted a Royal Charter to "George, Earl of Cumberland, and 215 Knights, Aldermen, and Burgesses" under the name, Governor and Company of Merchants of London trading with the East Indies.[20][28] For a period of fifteen years, the charter awarded the newly formed company a monopoly on English trade with all countries east of the Cape of Good Hope and west of the Straits of Magellan.[28] Any traders in breach of the charter without a licence from the company were liable to forfeiture of their ships and cargo (half of which went to the Crown and the other half to the company), as well as imprisonment at the "royal pleasure".[29]

The governance of the company was in the hands of one governor and 24 directors or "committees", who made up the Court of Directors. They, in turn, reported to the Court of Proprietors, which appointed them. Ten committees reported to the Court of Directors. According to tradition, business was initially transacted at the Nags Head Inn, opposite St Botolph's church in Bishopsgate, before moving to India House in Leadenhall Street.[30]

upload_2020-6-4_10-8-13.jpeg

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,106 Posts
I don't see any of those folks dumping the big screens in the harbor. The Tea Party folks weren't there to enrich themselves. There's a big difference in protest and satisfying greed by stealing other peoples stuff. IMO, it's not a valid comparison,
That was the whole comparison, the difference between protesting and rioting.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
We know that the current generation is the "ME Generation". We allow them to get their way or they jump on social media to all their "friends" and whine when they are told NO.
I don't think this is limited to any particular generation. Our President has been known to send out a tweet or two himself.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
BYW, what exactly are they protesting? The cop was arrested and charged. What more do they want, a public hanging? Look at crime statistics, these people aren't the ones that should be protesting. I had an minor altercation Tuesday with a black man, I have no clue what I did to provoke him. Race relations are the worst I can remember and it's all fueled by the MSM. We all should be protesting their demonizing of the white race. I haven't oppressed anyone, shoot I helped HUNDREDS of minorities better themselves when I managed manufacturing plants. I don't hate anyone because of the color of their skin, so why do they hate me? Quick answer, because the MSM tells them I am the reason their life sucks.

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
Since you asked, and as a historian I could not help myself, I looked it up. The teas was owned by the British East India Company which had a monopoly from the British crown to trade in Asia.
Yup, from my reading and teachings, the British East India Company was, for all intents and purposes, controlled by the crown. Little different than what's going on now.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts