Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Build in the HOT months and shoot in the COOL months..... :)

I sure hope his brother doesn't kill this opportunity............

Any way we can get some GPS coordinates to check out the area....??? Mainly shooting direction and what is near the impact safe area.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
SubGunFan said:
Build in the HOT months and shoot in the COOL months..... :)

I sure hope his brother doesn't kill this opportunity............

Any way we can get some GPS coordinates to check out the area....??? Mainly shooting direction and what is near the impact safe area.

I think it's the .5 mile x .5 mile block at 32° 0'11.15"N, 90°12'32.27"W. He and his family own large tracts to the west and northwest, our safety fan. Past that is uninhabitable swamp, or at least that's what it appears to be.

From Google Maps using 32.003097N 90.208964W.......

Assuming the land topo is flat or close to flat, this site looks ideal for the new MS Long-Range Shooters Range. After seeing this area, I am even more excited (PUMPED)...... :) It appears we can shoot true North and the impact safe area looks good.

My hat is off (Big Time KUDOS) to PhillipM for working with Mr. S on trying to get this range built.

[/url][/img]

I have included the property lines (in red) on this map. Yes we can shoot to the north with no problem. The area I have drawn the 1000 yard line is, according to the topo maps, fairly flat. There is already a gate and road at this location.

Closer to the river is better for the safety area and much farther from that road to the East (better). And..... it looks like Mr. S will only lose a small portion of his pine trees. Are those sloughs East of your red line? Moving the red line a little more West doesn't appear to be a problem....

HECK YEAH...... Shooting L-R, ATVs through the woods, and fishing on the river (plus possible campouts)...... This is LOOKING GOOD ! ! ! :)

There are some sloughs east, moving to the west anymore might be a problem, topo is showing another slough to the west in the hardwoods. Won't know until I have a chance to get in there and walk it. But you are right, positioning the range here saves more of his trees.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.