Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,320 Posts
and 2ND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION.
Yup, use smile.amazon.com, if you order from Amazon, and you can make Second Amendment Foundation your charity (for now anyway, though it may be on the hitlist of the great purge). Or give direct to one of the more worthy pro-gun organizations, but until 'lil Wayne is gone I'm not giving any money to the NRA. I very strongly suspect that Wayne had more than a little something to do with the bump stock ban. And they certainly never fought to keep surplus 5.45x39 being imported or getting it restored like they did 5.56x45 SS109 (and they only did that due to overwhelming membership outrage about it).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Or just do your research first and don't bother with organizations that aren't doing what they claim to be doing and have poor track records like the NRA. Save that membership fee and buy ammo instead.
I’m a member of BOATER ACCIDENT ASSOCIATION...

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Every time I've dug into the history of the NRA I've found them doing nothing but selling us out at the last minute or blatantly doing so in the open in the past 50 years or so. That's about as long as Biden has been a Senator and gotten nothing done too.

I've never met a single person who got into guns because of the NRA or any of the things they offer. Usually as of late it's been video games, movies, or just already having that interest. Some people from this past year woke up and realized that they could only rely on themselves to protect themselves, the NRA did not shape that thought in the slightest.

I could care less who the left decides to be their whipping boy for their problems, I do care when their whipping boy succumbs to the beatings and admits defeat but has the nerve to stand before all of us and say "We're your best hope". Yes, no group is perfect but when you compare the GOA for example to the NRA, while the NRA has massively larger lobbying capabilities, they give up legal fights left and right or refuse to take them. The NRA said California was a lost cause early on and never tried to intervene or stop it. The GOA stepped in for court battles when they wouldn't and they've had success.

So yes, the whole truth is that in 50 years or more the NRA has done nothing good for gun rights in this nation or individual states. We can't base a group on how good they are to us on past success alone, they have to continue it. They have failed. WalMart of today was not the WalMart of yesteryear and when people decide not to shop at WalMart because of their political views and the fact just about everything in there is made in China junk we don't sit there to tell them how Sam Walton ran the company differently and we should support his legacy.

It doesn't take much research to realize how the NRA is not an organization worth joining. Other groups, it can take some as many are much smaller so finding their successes can be harder. You always hear about the NRA because they have the money to advertise themselves everywhere. Getting rid of LaPierre wouldn't be enough when the rest of the heads feel the same way he does.
I guess this means you've made up your mind.

On a different subject, that you brought up, Walmart. Because of all the requests by shoppers, some years ago, they tried a "Made in USA" section is a number of stores. Put them next to the Chinese goods. Same percentage markup in the price that Chinese crap was. Very few sales, as most people that shop Walmart seem to be looking for cheaper stuff. True story. Not defending Walmart, I try to avoid the place as much as possible.

Have a nice day! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guess this means you've made up your mind.

On a different subject, that you brought up, Walmart. Because of all the requests by shoppers, some years ago, they tried a "Made in USA" section is a number of stores. Put them next to the Chinese goods. Same percentage markup in the price that Chinese crap was. Very few sales, as most people that shop Walmart seem to be looking for cheaper stuff. True story. Not defending Walmart, I try to avoid the place as much as possible.

Have a nice day! :)
Indeed I have. But also just pointing out to anybody who hasn't a quick look reveals the same things I found. That said, yes I do remember when WalMart did a made in America thing and I recall it failing for the same reasons you mentioned. If we incentivized business in America and made it more profitable for them to do it here, we would see American goods get cheaper. The downside is, businesses would be utilizing cheaper materials to accomplish this and then it would be "cheap American junk".

I didn't take that as a you were defending WalMart, I avoid it myself and am only ever in there because my wife doesn't care about politics or where her dollar is going and etc and I get dragged along with the kids.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts