Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 21 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite holster of all time is the Hunter 1100. The pistol rides lower on the belt, and is more comfortable for me. With the style of clothing I wear, concealment is not a problem. I'm looking for someone who can make a holster like the Hunter 1100 to fit a Smith & Wesson model 13 K-frame with a 3-inch barrel (Hunter only offers it for a 2" or 4" barrel - not a 3"). I also want the same style holster to fit a Springfield XD Subcompact 45 ACP with 3.3" barrel. The Springfield came with a plastic holster, but it is not adjustable for ride-height, and it rides FAR TOO HIGH on the belt, so as to be "top heavy" and constantly wants to lean to the outside. Any recommendations?

hunter1100.jpg
hunter holster 1100.jpg hunter 11 back.jpg

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
For the money, I'm a fan of Simply Rugged holsters. I believe they make a few that style or similar. If they don't you could email them and talk to the owner. He's a good dude to deal with.

Outside of them, im sure there are others, but that's not a style I typically keep track of, so I can't say who.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,598 Posts
I was going to say R Grizzle Leather but they are way over the type of holster you want.

Reactions: jakeg823

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,715 Posts
Sure miss eaglestroker at times.
He is still listed as a "site sponsor"... but I don't know when he's been seen on the MSGO last... nor what his current status is regarding leather work. His leather products website doesn't show any recent activity either the last time I looked at it.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,715 Posts
I think he's pretty well out of the business for now.
That's not good news. The man was very talented and did great work... albeit some serious problems arose with delivery issues on his end. He could have overcome this, however, in my opinion and kept his leather work business going. I, for one, would be very willing to give the guy another chance.

·
Waffennarr
8,879 Posts
I think he's pretty well out of the business for now.
Yup I've tried to contact him via multiple ways and have received no response. I hope he is doing OK. I wear his belts daily, rotating through the 3 I have so as to make them last; wear his holsters regularly as well. Kinda worried about what I'll do for a pistol belt once these wear out, as I know they eventually will.

·
Super Moderator
13,469 Posts
I only have one big rob/eagle stroker product and I love it. I hate he is mia. Holler at Deepsouth to check on Rob, I have Deepsouth's contact info if you are interested. Rob really did great work and I hope he is still in business

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
I only have one big rob/eagle stroker product and I love it. I hate he is mia. Holler at Deepsouth to check on Rob, I have Deepsouth's contact info if you are interested. Rob really did great work and I hope he is still in business
I would love to see him get going again, at least on a smaller, more controllable scale. He has a lot of talent. We never met but exchanged texts over the years. He always seemed to be an excellent person.

·
Super Moderator
13,469 Posts
My experience also Jake. The belt he made me is the finest I have seen. I'm hard on everything I own, especially on anything I wear because of my size. I can do anything 2 other folks twice my size can do, but my body, clothes and tools pay the price and it might take me a little bit longer and a bit more manipulating

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,598 Posts
Yup I've tried to contact him via multiple ways and have received no response. I hope he is doing OK. I wear his belts daily, rotating through the 3 I have so as to make them last; wear his holsters regularly as well. Kinda worried about what I'll do for a pistol belt once these wear out, as I know they eventually will.
Beltman belts been wearing one probly 6 years now.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Beltman belts been wearing one probly 6 years now.
I'll vouch for them as well. The only reason I bought a second one is because I dropped quite a few pounds at one point and had gotten to a ridiculous point having a local cobbler add new holes.

I've had the new one for probably 5 years now. No signs of wearing out yet. It's just getting broken in. Neither of mine have had the plastic insert. Never found a use for it. And I used to carry a govt model or hi-power pretty regularly.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Same thing here from my Rob belt. It gets better everyday. It took 6 months but now if I drop it on floor it's in an almost circle that will only fit me. A wal mart belt won't do that
I had 2 of his very early holsters. Included one with a govt model I sold, and sold a commander sized one recently, only to make some space/free up some cash. Thankfully, it went to an old family friend and forum member, who I know will appreciate it.

If the belts were half as nice, I believe you.

·
Waffennarr
8,879 Posts
Same thing here from my Rob belt. It gets better everyday. It took 6 months but now if I drop it on floor it's in an almost circle that will only fit me. A wal mart belt won't do that
Nope, Walmart belt won't hardly hold up your britches, let alone let you wear a pistol.
I found long ago that with leather goods you generally get what you pay for. As far as Big Rob is concerned: Between me and the Ensign we've got 5 belts, 3 slings, 3 holsters, a custom-made one of a kind cover and frog for my Franziska (throwing axe) and a single-stack mag pouch that he put on clearance for some reason. Haven't checked lately but he did have photos of the Franziska and the cover / frog on his website; he posted it all here too along with his other work. If anyone (Deep South?) can get ahold of Rob tell him I send my best wishes and hope he and his w*fe are doing well.

·
Waffennarr
8,879 Posts
As far as "factory" holsters go my daily carry for SIG M11A1 is a DeSantis. Very rigid, rides just right for me. It will fit other SIG P series but is just a tad loose for the P6 (P225). Nevertheless it will work for the P6.

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
I thought I had his number but can't find it. He and my youngest went to college together. Great guy, just got behind. OH, and great products also!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don’t know if these would be the style you’re looking for, but I’ve had good service from Andrew’s Custom Leather and Privateer Leather.

1 - 21 of 22 Posts