Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Reloading /Gun room

3K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  oO_Rogue_Oo 
Nice I like the wall mounts. But I would so forget what ammo can , bucket had what in them, LOL. I can even remember now where half of my stuff is or even what I have.
Labels my friend; labels

Wood Gas Engineering Hardwood Machine
Wood Metal Machine Event Ammunition

I use a wooden bench I bought from Home Depot years ago, came in a box. Its anchored to the wall and has never moved or flexed. Also have a small homemade one made out of 4x4's, 2x4's, and plywood. My reloading room is carpeted although I finally put a couple antifatigue mats down recently. I've vacuumed small amounts of powder and spent primers a few times from the carpet and the mats and never had any problems. I also try to keep my powder selection on the smaller size - helps with storage space. All I use for my 223 loads is CFE223 so I have several 8lb jugs. I use Titegroup for 9mm and 38 Super, so got a few 8lb jugs of that. W231 for 45, 38, and 357 so got a few 8lb jugs of that. I use H4198SC for my 270 loads, but alas - no 8lb jugs of that (yet). My 45-70 is the only caliber that I have more than one powder for. I use H4198 with the 325 grain FTX's and I'm trying to decide on a cast bullet to use with Trailboss.

I buy the $13 ammo cans at Walmart to store ammo, magazines, primers, bullets - hell anything that will fit in them. Works great for cutting down on clutter. Another great way to organize is Inline Fabrication. Dan's stuff is awesome! One of my 48" rails holds my Lee APP, two Dillon Super Swagers in Burnell Custom Speedy Swage mounts, my Lee 4 Hole Classic, and my Lyman T-Mag II. If they're not being used, they're hanging on that rail. Been hanging on the wall for a few years and hasn't sagged a bit. I have quick change plates for all five of my presses, both swagers, and my RCBS prep station. My two Dillon presses pretty much stay on their JR mounts and I have a flush mount for everything else. His roller handles are pretty sweet too. Makes them long sessions much more comfortable.
I use a lot of Dan's stuff; mostly the quick mounts and I have a case kicker for my RCBS press too. Right now all my stuff that is on quick mounts is stored above my wall cabinets. I've thought about his wall strips but always felt that was a lot of weight to hang off of such small mounts. Guess not.

Here are a few slightly out dated pictures of my setup. I've made some improvements since these were taken about a year ago when I first moved back into the house and finally got the Armory setup. I use the Pack-out stuff for transporting stuff back and forth to the range. The organizer drawers are where I store all my dies, shell holders basicly anything i need to load a particular caliber; they are plastic though and eventually sagged under the weight so I built a 2x6 shelf to support them and it worked out pretty well. Allowed me to stack them three high, where before I could only do two high. The metal cabinet in the corner is where I store my powder and primers, etc. I use the coffee containers to store brass when the quantities are small enough. Other wise I store brass in those 13 gallon plastic bins that you buy at Home Depot. Those are stacked in the closet LOL. The whole ordeal is a constant work in progress with me always looking for way to make more space / better organize.

Oh yeah; any ideas / suggestions are VERY welcome; I NEED more / better use of space. :)

Cabinetry Automotive design Kitchen appliance Major appliance Fixture
Building Wood Floor Flooring House
Wood Shelving Audio equipment Gas Technology
Cabinetry Building Interior design Drawer Desk
Eyewear Wood Audio equipment Machine Engineering
Gas Engineering Electrical wiring Machine Building

Got the idea label itself from Jason (Shrek). I store 250 rounds of handgun ammo in quart size freezer bags with a label taped to the bag. Forget how many bags fit in a can. Rifle ammo goes in gallon size bags i also have a few cans worth if 223 on stripper clips.
I can tell you that a 50 cal can holds 2k 9mm with about an inch of free space at the top. But it is HEAVY. lol

That is just way too neat and organized...
Thank you Sir; as I said it is an ongoing process. Always looking for ideas / ways to improve.

Man..., some of you guys drink a lot of coffee!
Actually I don't drink coffee; my wife brings the containers home from work anytime I tell her I need a few more.

Some good ideas out there..... more pics please....
Concrete done, 40x80 metal building is finally UP. About to get started on framing out the inside for 'house' part. Half house, half shop.
Going to build a room in Shop area for gunsmithing and reloading (and man-movie watching with cigars (double vent vans))
Still not sure but thinking about making another room for cerakoting instead of in my open shop area, we shall see.

Wall mounts are a great idea! Thanks for that.
I would go with a separate room for the Cerakoting if at all possible. A paint both of sorts with an exhaust fan and lots of lighting. Even if it is just part of your gun room with a partition to separate it when spraying.

I like the stainless cabinet doors for writing on (with grease pencil) and keeping track of what I'm doing in any particular area (I'm old). Also hung 3/4" metal strips in various places for hanging those plastic canisters wherever / whenever needed. Closed cabinets as opposed to open shelves tend to make the room "look" neater. Labels everywhere also tend to lend a sense of organization :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.