close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reloading Manual

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by BasMstr, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:19 AM.

1. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

Right now, I have the Lyman 49th Edition and the Lyman Cast Bullet 4th Edition. I want to get a newer book, particularly something with the CFE line of powders. The Hodgdon website is nice, but only lists a few loads (ie, only two for 223 Remington using a 55 grain projectile and CFE223 powder). I’m leaning towards the Hornady 10th or Lyman 50th editions.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. checker

checker Distinguished Poster

Ditto on the Sierra. But I like several different manuals. If I had to choose only two, it would be Sierra and Nosler.

3. checker

checker Distinguished Poster

Another thought on reloading manuals; Not that I recommend ditching the old manuals every year and buying the newest ones, but I would seriously consider replacing a reloading manual after seven to eight years. The manufacturing process changes occasionally, and new powders are introduced. One of the best examples to look at is the famous Jack O'Connor load for his beloved 270 Winchester. His load was a really heavy dose of H4831 over a 130 grain bullet, which is several grains above the maximum load given today. Why the big difference? Current manufacturing of that powder has changed.

maxhush, BasMstr, stewbaby and 3 others like this.
  4. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Yeah, I need to pick up a newer manual.