Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put this mag extension on my rem 1100 20 gauge. It will not even try to cycle a round now. Any suggestions? I've looked up diagrams of the gas system and the best I can tell it's on correctly. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
All of the 1100 magazine extensions I've seen are simply hollow tubes made to screw on in place of the forend magazine cap; they don't effect the gas system at all. Did you replace the original magazine spring with a longer one? A longer spring normally comes in the package.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the springs and stuff came with the extension. I'll try switching around the piston seal. It won't even blow the bolt back any at all

·
Premium Member
20,396 Posts
Let us know!!!

Reactions: boogerbear

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Usually it is something minor on a 1100 when they suddenly stop working. I keep replacement seals and usually at least one new piston and ring kit for 12 gauges and 20 gauges. One time one got me stumped and it was the follower, so I keep a couple new followers now. I worked on a Remington 1148 tonight and it looked like it had not been cleaned behind the bolt and trigger assembly in the last 20 years to 30 years. Even though the 1148 is recoil operated; it looks similar to the 1100 inside the receiver.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it's doing it again. Doesn't even seem to be trying to push the bolt back any. Who knows. Maybe when I get back home from being out of town I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
That doesn't make any sense. If it is assembled properly it should run. Check the barrel seal (o ring), piston, and piston seal for cracks and/or breakage. The fact that it was running and then just stopped would suggest that you have damaged components.

Where are you located, boogerbear? I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I live in Brandon. In castlewoods. I'm in Florida right now working. My wife could prob meet you if you are close.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are both of these suppose to be solid with no seperation? If I'm not mistaken the smaller one is separated. I thought it was suppose to be like that. Like the rings on a ar bolt that are staggered.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
That's the piston and it is supposed to be split. It looks ok in that picture.

I work in Pelahatchie but I'll be unavailable for the rest of the week. Holler at me when you get back from Florida and we'll meet for lunch or something. I bet it's something simple we can fix in the parking lot. If that's not the case I can take it home with me.

You can also double check your assembly against a schematic just to be sure. Also make sure the gas ports in the barrel are not clogged and the o ring isn't busted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts