Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just happen to walk in a pawn shop today to kill some time. Looked at the rack and asked to look at the 1100. As soon as the lady picked it up I saw it was a 1148. I made up my mind then it was going home with me as that is my all time favorite auto shotgun. I’m going the refinish it and add a recoil pad and set it right next to my 12 ga. 1148. It a little nice crotch wood in the stock and forearm too. Now, if I can luck up on a .410!
Air gun Natural material Wood Trigger Shotgun
Brown Wood Floor Hardwood Varnish
Wood Air gun Gun accessory Gun barrel Trigger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same year my wife was produced. Good year!
That looks a lot like a Sportsman 48, those are good ones too if you don’t mind only 3 shots. Hope you got a decent deal, shops around here are kinda nuts on lots of things.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a 11-48 and I gave $275 for it. That may be high but I wanted it bad enough to pay it. I got it home and shot 10 shells to check for function. It was perfect. But then I tore it down and it had a peck of dirt in it. I even found a piece of plaid flannel. This is the second gun I’ve disassembled lately and found paid flannel.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,029 Posts
Somebody out shootin in pajamas or cleaning with old pajama stuff maybe ? I like that shotgun. My Pap had a .410 but don't know where it is now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts