Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a Remington 700 ADL with a 26 inch heavy barrel in .308. Gun is an absolute tack driver. It has the VTR stock on it, and I am very pleased with it. However, the gun is having a feeding issue with the internal magazine. One round will load, and chamber correctly. Two rounds will load, with an odd looseness to it, and the bolt may or may not push the round into the chamber. Loading three rounds takes an unusual amount of force, the round is held just passed the start of the brass, and pivots in place. Bolt will not grab the round, and extensive work is needed to remove the round. So at this point I have a very fun single shot rifle, but would really like to use the internal magazine. I’m thinking of replacing the follower and spring, but would really like insight especially if anyone has dealt with this issue before. I’ve used Federal Match King, Remington Core-Lokt, Perfecta FMJ, and Aguila FMJ. Ammunition of all price points so I don’t believe it’s the ammo at this time. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
I only load one round at a time in mine.Never tried the mag.Still scared of the 7.5 oz trigger when bolting but do like the pull or touch of the trigger.L.B.
fault on that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After a few more attempts, I found the spring had a slight twist to it to it right at the follower. Second, the spring seemed to be jumping in between the frame of the magazine, and the stock. I bent the spring back straight, and slowly reinstalled the stock, and now I have a properly feeding rifle. Thanks to all for their assistance on this issue. Will update if problem returns!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts