Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one I picked up a couple of months ago. Found it on consignment in a Hattiesburg pawn shop. It belonged to a collector who had it for several decades. I've gone through it and as far as I can tell all the parts are correct for a late war Remington-Rand. It also has no arsenal rebuild stamp or import marks. After VJ day the gov't canceled all 1911 contracts. The last R-R made was serial no. 2465139. This one is 2445XXX so it was made in the last month of production. Since it was that late it probably never went overseas so it wouldn't have needed to be rebuilt.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Wood Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Premium Member
This is one I picked up a couple of months ago. Found it on consignment in a Hattiesburg pawn shop. It belonged to a collector who had it for several decades. I've gone through it and as far as I can tell all the parts are correct for a late war Remington-Rand. It also has no arsenal rebuild stamp or import marks. After VJ day the gov't canceled all 1911 contracts. The last R-R made was serial no. 2465139. This one is 2445XXX so it was made in the last month of production. Since it was that late it probably never went overseas so it wouldn't have needed to be rebuilt.
View attachment 282274

View attachment 282275
@rigrat will be along to drool over the spur hammer and tang shortly! 馃槀

Great find!

渭慰位峤嘉 位伪尾苇
Reactions: 22lrfan and Trashy

Premium Member
Very nice Marty. An excellent example of Rem Rand. If I thought it would do any good................... Dibs!!

Stand your ground Rig, everybody knows a 1911 is like a Glock, but made for a man. :ROFLMAO:
It鈥檚 about upgrades鈥..not pistol. He鈥檚 hung up on flint rock axe and I鈥檓 pushing him toward the Iron Age 馃槀

Reactions: 22lrfan

Registered
View attachment 282274

View attachment 282275
Since an original Remington Rand is WAY out of my price league, that is why I like my TISAs 1911A1 more evey day. Looks just like this, 70 series internals, only departure is a lowered ejection port. Same tiny sights, parkerized finish, GI plastic grips.

渭慰位峤嘉 位伪尾苇
And this was the truck that could be hauling you back and forth to La鈥︹..but you ain鈥檛 driving one! View attachment 282345
You give me one and I'd drive the wheels off of that baby! Another fantastic classic.

Hell think I got more excited about the truck than the 1911, LOL.

Reactions: 22lrfan

渭慰位峤嘉 位伪尾苇
It鈥檚 about upgrades鈥..not pistol. He鈥檚 hung up on flint rock axe and I鈥檓 pushing him toward the Iron Age 馃槀
Us old timers don't need all the goodies to shoot one good.;) For me the 1911 has got to be the most natural pointing pistol I have used with or without the beavertail and non spur hammer.

Since an original Remington Rand is WAY out of my price league, that is why I like my TISAs 1911A1 more evey day. Looks just like this, 70 series internals, only departure is a lowered ejection port. Same tiny sights, parkerized finish, GI plastic grips.
Yep I have been eying those myself just because they don't cost a arm and a leg and they are a very close copy.

Or as Ellis would put it a Old mans pistol. LOL

Premium Member
You give me one and I'd drive the wheels off of that baby! Another fantastic classic.

Hell think I got more excited about the truck than the 1911, LOL.
Wouldn鈥檛 be hard to do with those wheels!

• Haha
Reactions: rigrat

Premium Member
Us old timers don't need all the goodies to shoot one good.;) For me the 1911 has got to be the most natural pointing pistol I have used with or without the beavertail and non spur hammer.

Yep I have been eying those myself just because they don't cost a arm and a leg and they are a very close copy.

It鈥檚 about comfort and control. I don鈥檛 care what anyone says鈥︹f you haven鈥檛 been bit by the hammer or had that tang wear into the web of your hand鈥︹ou haven鈥檛 shot one enough. Do you learn to avoid it鈥︹.sure do. Will it happen again鈥︹.yep,it will.

渭慰位峤嘉 位伪尾苇
It鈥檚 about comfort and control. I don鈥檛 care what anyone says鈥︹f you haven鈥檛 been bit by the hammer or had that tang wear into the web of your hand鈥︹ou haven鈥檛 shot one enough. Do you learn to avoid it鈥︹.sure do. Will it happen again鈥︹.yep,it will.
In all the times I shot one, never been bit. Shot pretty good amount also. Some of us I guess just naturally know how to hold one.

Even had one RIA Officer model I shortened the regular grip safety to that of the old Detonics MKI. Very simular to this and still no bitey.

Dang old timers, LOL.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

• Haha
Reactions: Ellis93

Premium Member
In all the times I shot one, never been bit. Shot pretty good amount also. Some of us I guess just naturally know how to hold one.

Even had one RIA Officer model I shortened the regular grip safety to that of the old Detonics MKI. Very simular to this and still no bitey.

Dang old timers, LOL.

View attachment 282363
Cartoon Gesture Art Happy Thumb

渭慰位峤嘉 位伪尾苇

Registered

Go for it @rigrat ! They come up on sale at Centerfire & AIM Surplus sometimes for $399-419. Can't beat that for a basic, well-made 1911A1.

渭慰位峤嘉 位伪尾苇
LOL after picking up those 2 Vaquero's last month my buying is on hold for a while.

Reactions: HerrZnk
1 - 17 of 17 Posts