Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother took apart the bolt assembly of this gun years ago, he can’t remember how to put it back together. Anyone familiar with this? Also, I believe something is missing.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Jacob, I have a copy of the Encyclopedia of Small Arms
from Brownells, there may be what you need in there
I'll check and get back to you either later tonight or
tomorrow at the lastst.

Jacob, my apologies for being so slow getting back to
you on what I found, the Encyclopedia from Brownell's
is somewhat catch as catch can in its organization and
thoroughness, surprising as hades for Brownell's, but
it is what it is. I'm still doing the needed research on
these models and once I figure out how to get the
text from it into a post, I'll get it to you, perhaps
via email so hold on, its coming.

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
I found the directions for a Remington 341 in one of my books. The 341 was made in the same timeframe as the 41 but was a repeater. Not sure if the bolt is the same or not. I can post pictures of the instructions if you think it would help.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
It should not be difficult to put back together if all the parts are there. He must have taken it apart for a reason. I have a model 33 that I restored. It was my grandmother,s gun. I have a targetmaster model that I traded for to restore . Both my rifles shoot. If you do not live far away, I could help you put it back together.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
I have one and can look at it if you can't find anyone closer. Can't be to hard. Like was said above, if all the parts are there! Always helps if you put your general location on the profile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My brother took apart the bolt assembly of this gun years ago, he can’t remember how to put it back together. Anyone familiar with this? Also, I believe something is missing.
It should not be difficult to put back together if all the parts are there. He must have taken it apart for a reason. I have a model 33 that I restored. It was my grandmother,s gun. I have a targetmaster model that I traded for to restore . Both my rifles shoot. If you do not live far away, I could help you put it back together.
I live in Neshoba County but I am in Lauderdale County everyday. I am posting a picture of the parts I have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
Those parts look completely different than the 341.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I can meet you one day in Meridian. I may have to make a retaining pin. It may be missing a spring. I may not have to order any parts . I have springs and pins, just have to cut and file to fit. One of us should be able to help you.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
The 41 looks similar to the 33 as far as the bolt assembly is concerned. My Target master is a later/newer model. Safety is on the side of the bolt.

Reactions: 94LEVERFAN
1 - 10 of 10 Posts