Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience removing a Glock's rear sight? I thinking about buying a Laserlyte RL-1 for my G26 so I'll need to remove the factory rear sight and install the RL-1 in it's place. Can this be done with just a brass punch or will I need to buy a sight tool?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
You can knock the factory plastic one out with a hammer if u want. Push out using the side of a table or just about anything.
Now, putting new sight in , u might want to use a pusher. Or tap in with a nylon or plastic punch as to not damage sight. Dawson's come with a punch to do their sights. Could always get somebody qualified to do it for a few bucks I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
You can drift it out with a punch, no problem, the Glock sights aren't in very tight. It'll work better if the punch you use has a flat bottom (or side) to allow it to contact more of the sight base. Also it's very important to remove & replace the sight from the slide's right (ejection port) side. The dovetails are ever so slightly tapered and the right side is usually the wide side. The taper is almost invisible to the naked eye but can be measured with a dial/digital caliper. As a rule I always measure a unfamiliar dovetail if I'm unsure as to which side is the wide one. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts