Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up one at Vans and it more issues than all my other weapons combined in all of the times I've shot them. Sent them an email so hopefully they will fix it.
Not Vans fault.
They actually let me trade in the one I purchased Friday (It was a tactical model) for the more traditional wood version. They did it happily and didn't charge me any fees. Good for Vans!!
Hopefully I can finish this story with a happy ending, we'll see.

Dennis
UPDate
Got with CS and they are sending me an extractor. So far CS has been top notch... We'll see.

Reactions: rc

·
Old
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went out and shot 200+ish rounds this afternoon and had one light primer strike (LPS). The rest shot fine.
I shot up about 15-18 rds I had in a baggie first to make sure they're weren't any issues with my new extractor and then loaded up 2 - Korean Mags, 1 - Croatian, 2-Magpul and 1-OEM Xtech with a combination of Wolf and Red Army white box.

All of the mags worked fine. The Korean mags would stick loading the 5th round into the mag but would go with a little effort. The one light primer strike was with the Korean mag. I stuck with the Korean mags loading 10 at a time and didn't have any more LPS

I had intended on shooting 300rds but folks were swimming so I decided to give them a break. The sights were off around 3 inches left at ~40 yards. I don't have a sight tool yet (it's ordered) so I couldn't make adjustments but it was consistently off so I was happy.

Overall I'm satisfied with the Riley Defense at 200 rds. Can't say about the future so we'll see...

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Old
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Managed to shoot some more last weekend and the RD AK ran fine with no issues(200+ rds) but the real fun is an SKS that I got a few weeks ago. I LOVE loading the rifle with the stripper clips and blasting some zombies. It's a hoot and way more fun to shoot than my ARs or the AK. Just order 4 more AK mags (20rd) so hopefully I can go back out this Sunday and play some more.
Life is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts