Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CCI Velocitors shoot more consistantly in my rimfires than any other brand. I usually go through about ten bricks a year. Cost and availability, they were almost non-existant last year, have caused me to start looking elsewhere. Walmart carries Federal and Winchester bulk packs regularly. Last week I got a box of Remington Taget in a bulk pack. So far none have been as consistant as the Velocitor.

What do you shoot? Where do you get it? How much does it cost? Velocitors are running $5+ per box so I am most interested in something accurate, consistant and no more than $5 per box. Again! Who shoots what???

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Aquila from CMP

Wolfe target

Remington 22 ammo is crap in my opinion

Federal and CCI is usually what I'll get....I'm not really that picky with 22 ammo I guess....Gosh I oughta be...Think I have 10 or 12 22's in inventory :lol4:

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,576 Posts
I usually get CCI Mini Mag or Winchester Wildcats. I have never tried the Velocitors. Been meaning to pick up some Aquila and Wolfe to see if my Remington Model 5 likes them. :D

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
For matches with the rifle Wolf Match Target $4 for 50

With the pistol Eley Sport $3 for 50

The BEST practice ammo is Centurion by Aquila imported by J&G Sales in Prescott Arizona $2 for 50

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
I like the Remington golden bullets for bulk ammo. I have no issues with it! However, I found out yesterday that my 22/45 likes the Winchester 40 gr. Subsonics. They are less than $4 per 50. I want to try some match grade stuff, but have not gotten that far yet.

Also, I have tried to use more winchester ammo lately because they have a plant in Mississippi!

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
My 10/22 prefers cci stingers. I havent tried any of the wolf, never seen any for sale locally. I have used some aguilla subsonic stuff in my single action, but its not picky like the 10/22 is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Doug, J&G doesn't have any listed. Do you know who else might have some. For that price I'd like to get a case.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Mostly Fed bulk pack at the range plinking, Hunting I use CCI Segmented subs or Winchester Subs.
I won't shoot any Remington ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
My Spike's Tactical ST .22 prefers Fed bulk pack from Wallyworld, accurate enough for what I need. No complaints. All my .22's {let's say I have a few, like 'neck} eat the Fed bulk stuff well.

Availability is better as of late...we have 7 walmarts, all within about a 25-30 mile radius...somebody usually has it at one time or another.

I for the most part avoid Winchester and Remington like the plague.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,345 Posts
Ive got atleast a box of every 22 ammo known to man.
But when i was waiting on my Spikes Tactical 22 i stocked up on federal red box. Spent 800 bucks in january just on 22 ammo :D.
Got a bunch of minimags too.

We make our rounds on the farm at night on the weekend blastin critters. So i like to be prepared.

Federal red box shoots pretty good thru the ST22. I have a bunch of rem golden bullets from years ago when it was actually worth something. Now its not worth a crap.

My Ruger 10/22s use to love golden bullets. But now they have learned to like federal. All my 22s seem to group really good with minimags and thats what i squirell hunt with.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My CZ rifle likes all lead bullets I've tried so far. In Semi-Autos Mini-Mags are hard to beat. I'd like to try some of the Centurion stuff. The Aguila I have yet to try as well.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Depends on what I am doing.

Winchester or Federal bulk, Aguila, Remington subsonics, CCI.

The Remington bulk sucks real bad. I have problems in all of my auto .22s with that junk. Too many failures to fire and weak loads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whatever is cheapest in the 550 round bricks. i do not have any 22's that are picky. mine will shoot everything and anything i can put through them. they shoot cci stingers or mini-max's as consistently others.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you truly seek accuracy from your .22 rifle, pick up a half dozen boxes of different brands of ammo and spend some time putting hits on paper to see which brand YOUR gun likes best. I think the difference in accuracy from one brand to another and from one rifle to the next will surprise most people, but you need to put in some quality range time with your rifle putting hits on paper.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like the CCI stinger and mini mag for hunting small game. Usually I will buy Winchester or Remington bulk ammo. My 10/22 doesn't like lead jacketed bullets for some reason. As far as Aguila never will shoot it again about 5 years ago I had one explode and stick copper all in my cheek when fired from a 22/45. Thank God for shooting glasses. Thats just my :2c:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got a good deal on a bulk pack of Remington gold hollow points. In my experience they are a great bullet. Very consistant and transfer energy well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts