Mississippi Gun Owners banner

281 - 299 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damn, dude with the AR pistol must be planning on doing some distance shooting.

Bubba and Fren must be rockin some lightweight plates, but 43 looks like he’s 5.11 and ready to rock. Hopefully he gets some esapi plates and soft armor to fill up that carrier.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,970 Posts

·
Curmudgeon extraordinaire
8,075 Posts
Will there be snacks?

·
Rational Anarchist
13,968 Posts

·
26,970 Posts
Sort of related:

Author, political activist and conservative blogger Pamela Geller -- w/American Freedom Law Center -- is suing both NYC Mayor De Blasio and NY Governor Cuomo over selective COVID-19 First Amendment restrictions and infringements.

Late yesterday, our legal team, the American Freedom Law Center, filed a federal lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York challenging the executive orders of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio—orders which prohibit all protests in the City except the government-approved protests of Black Lives Matter (BLM).

The lawsuit, which was filed on behalf of political activist Pamela Geller, challenges the Governor’s and Mayor’s executive orders which prohibit “non-essential gatherings” of more than 10 people in the City—orders which make it unlawful to peaceably assemble and protest, unless your protest supports the political agenda of the BLM movement.
Geller is an author, a conservative blogger, and champion for the First Amendment. In addition to successfully challenging government restrictions on free speech in New York, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and Seattle, she was the organizer of the successful public protest of the Ground Zero mosque construction in Lower Manhattan.

But for the Governor’s and Mayor’s suspension of the First Amendment, Geller would organize and participate in a public protest of their policies, specifically including the draconian restrictions they have imposed upon fundamental liberties during the COVID-19 pandemic.

During a press conference held on May 4, 2020, Mayor de Blasio and New York City Police Commissioner Dermot Shea publicly and officially announced that the “shut down” imposed by the executive orders included the suspension of the right to publicly protest in the City. In other words, free speech activity was considered a “non-essential gathering” and thus prohibited by executive order.

The May 4, 2020, press conference announcement by de Blasio and Shea was prompted by a question relating to a small group of protestors (unrelated to BLM) who were instructed by New York City police to disband and who were threatened by the police with summonses and arrest if they failed to disband.

Apparently sparked by the death of George Floyd while in police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota, beginning on May 28, 2020, and continuing daily through the current month of June 2020, hundreds and thousands of protestors have taken to the streets of New York City protesting what they allege to be police brutality against Blacks and what is referred to as systemic racism and calling for various reforms.

Notwithstanding the First Amendment restrictions in place at the time and their enforcement by the Governor and Mayor against other New Yorkers engaged in public group activity, including activity protected by the First Amendment’s right to freedom of speech and to peaceably assemble, Cuomo and de Blasio have embraced these protestors and their message and have encouraged their public demonstrations and protests.

For example, on June 1, 2020, just four days after the start of the government-approved BLM protests, Cuomo and de Blasio issued a press release stating that the BLM movement is “too important and the message must be heard,” that they “stand behind the protestors and their message,” and that they “encourage people to protest peacefully and make their voices heard.”

AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel David Yerushalmi commented:

It is astounding that Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio have so much disdain for our most fundamental liberties. For months they have issued draconian edicts destroying our economy and stealing our freedom in the name of public health. But when the message is politically important for their ends and for their political careers, public health evaporates into the not-so-thin, putrid air of hypocrisy. The courts have not done well to preserve our liberties among the cries of a public health crisis by the political and media elites. This lawsuit is an opportunity for justice to finally regain a foothold.

AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel Robert Muise added:

We have reached a critical point in our nation. We are experiencing a tyranny like we have never seen before. Left-wing government officials are acting like dictators, unilaterally suspending and modifying the Constitution to suit their personal political agenda. If we and the courts are to accept this current state of affairs, then it is the fiat of left-wing governors and mayors, and not the Constitution, that is the supreme law of the land. This must stop.

###

I'd rather see the NY governor and NYC mayor arrested, charged and prosecuted, but lawsuits will do ... for now.

JMO.

·
26,970 Posts
Buy more ammo.

Buckle up, buckos! It's gonna be a bumpy ride either way: Trump re-election or Doltin' Joe election this November.

JMO.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Well, well, well, it appears that BLM's website is a funding mechanism for the DNC and dem candidates via ActBlue. Follow the money:

1. Go to www.blacklivesmatter.com and click on "donate" (no, you don't have to actually donate).
2. Note the new URL - it is www.actblue.com ActBlue is a PAC!
3. Then go to www.opensecrets.org
4. Type "actblue" into the search box and hit enter
5. Click on the first result - ActBlue Summary
6. At the the top of the page click on "Expenditures"
7. Scroll down the page to "Top Vendors/Recipients" and see where the money goes

Here are some highlights:

$186,000,000+ to Bernie 2020
$119,000,000+ to Biden for President
$55,000,000+Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte
$31,000,000+ Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte
$29,000,000+ DNC

Now you see what BLM is really all about, and why Piglosi and friends "take a knee."

Buy ammo.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts

·
26,970 Posts
Mayor Frey seeks federal, state aid for Minneapolis, with early estimate showing at least $55M in damage

With at least $55 million in estimated damage and far more to come, Minneapolis will need state and federal aid as it attempts to rebuild hundreds of structures after the riots following George Floyd’s death, Mayor Jacob Frey said.

City officials are still putting together a complete tally of the destruction and cautioned that estimates are likely to rise significantly. Gov. Tim Walz and members of Minnesota’s congressional delegation are trying to get government assistance to offset that cost. But in the past, neither the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) nor Congress has consistently sent federal funding to cities ravaged by riots.

Minneapolis City Council members on Tuesday received an update from the city’s Community Planning & Economic Development department that estimated at least 220 buildings had been damaged, resulting in a minimum of $55 million in costs, though the city was “not yet ready to produce a credible estimate” of the losses.

Frey said in an interview that he expects the full cost of the damage to be “tens, if not hundreds of millions” of dollars, across both Twin Cities.

“We will do everything we can as we shift to recovery mode,” Frey said. “We’re recovering from crises sandwiched on top of each other, from COVID-19 to the police killing and then the looting which took place afterward.”

Walz said Tuesday that he is pushing for funding to rebuild damaged communities. His administration has been talking to U.S. Sens. Amy Klobuchar and Tina Smith, as well as U.S. Reps. Ilhan Omar and Betty McCollum, who represent the Twin Cities. Walz said they have had conversations about seeking federal assistance to rebuild communities and “we have expressed some of our desires to explore what we can do there.”

After the 2015 riots in Baltimore following the death of Freddie Gray in police custody, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan repeatedly sought about $19 million in aid from FEMA for public agencies that responded to the unrest. At the time, Hogan pointed to federal assistance provided to Los Angeles following the 1992 unrest over the beating of Rodney King. FEMA denied Hogan’s request.

McCollum expressed doubt about Minneapolis and St. Paul’s chances of getting federal disaster funding, a decision that is up to President Donald Trump. Alternatively, the state could seek funding through Congress’ annual appropriations, but that would require the Democratic-led House, Republican-led Senate and Trump to sign on.

“To be realistic, the odds of that happening are, at best, very difficult,” McCollum said in an e-mail.

Trump was harshly critical in a conference call with governors earlier in the week, calling them “weak” for not tamping down violent protests soon enough. Trump praised Minnesota’s use of the National Guard after several nights of escalating violence and looting.

McCollum urged Walz to seek a disaster declaration, particularly given law enforcement investigations into organized arson and looting.

###

"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute," Mister Mayor/Governor.
My apologies for replying to my own post, Here's an update to the Minneapolis mayor/Minnesota governor's request to the feds to be bailed out.

·
26,970 Posts
Dang! Dan, Tom and "Sticks" ...

‘Live PD,’ ‘Cops’ pulled from TV schedules in light of George Floyd protests

A&E has decided not to run new episodes of “Live PD” this weekend, while Paramount Network has delayed the Season 33 launch of “Cops,” the long-running reality series that was scheduled to return on Monday.

The decision to hold “Live PD” and “Cops” comes as protests over police brutality continue across the nation following the killing of George Floyd by Minnesota police officers, shining a spotlight on the widespread abuse by law enforcement against African Americans. This weekend A&E will air episodes of “Live Rescue” in its place.

"Out of respect for the families of George Floyd and others who have lost their lives, in consultation with the departments we follow, and in consideration for the safety of all involved, we have made the decision not to broadcast 'Live PD' this weekend," A&E said in a statement.

Paramount Network hasn't yet commented on the fate of Monday's "Cops" episode, but its program schedule no longer shows it airing as planned at 10 p.m. ET; "Ghostbusters" is now scheduled there instead. Paramount made the shift over a week ago, as "Cops" also didn't air this past Monday in its normal spot. And Paramount appears to not have future plans for "Cops" on the network. Already, the show is no longer mentioned anywhere on the channel's website.

(emphasis, mine)

Will Chicago PD, the FBI and FBI: Most Wanted TV shows be pulled soon? :hmm:

My apologies for replying to my own post, but I thought this 'Live PD' Cancel Culture update was interesting:

After shelving and cancelling the TV series “Live PD” earlier this summer, A&E has managed to lose nearly half of its prime-time viewers.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the network has seen a 49% drop in prime-time viewership between June 11 and July 19 when compared to the 2019 figures from market research firm Nielsen. Roughly 53% of the decline in viewership was from adults between the ages of 25-54.

A&E referred to its decline in viewership as a “temporary hit,” and anticipated recovering from it in the future with other programs, reports the WSJ. However, A&E’s non prime-time ratings have also been affected, albeit not as severely, with the journal noting a 36% drop in daily average viewership.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My apologies for replying to my own post, but I thought this 'Live PD' Cancel Culture update was interesting:

After shelving and cancelling the TV series “Live PD” earlier this summer, A&E has managed to lose nearly half of its prime-time viewers.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the network has seen a 49% drop in prime-time viewership between June 11 and July 19 when compared to the 2019 figures from market research firm Nielsen. Roughly 53% of the decline in viewership was from adults between the ages of 25-54.

A&E referred to its decline in viewership as a “temporary hit,” and anticipated recovering from it in the future with other programs, reports the WSJ. However, A&E’s non prime-time ratings have also been affected, albeit not as severely, with the journal noting a 36% drop in daily average viewership.

Go woke, go broke!

·
Registered
6,205 Posts

I was one of the viewers that they lost. This was the final straw and we had our Dish Network service cancelled. Every stinking channel was filled with gay, atheist, or communist propaganda. I just can't see the point in continuing to pay to have garbage delivered to my house.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
Well well here we go yet again. Actually liked that one.

Reactions: LeansVeryRight2016

·
26,970 Posts
I was one of the viewers that they lost. This was the final straw and we had our Dish Network service cancelled. Every stinking channel was filled with gay, atheist, or communist propaganda. I just can't see the point in continuing to pay to have garbage delivered to my house.
I switched TV/Internet providers, but not because of the Live PD cancellation.

I used to watch it and Live PD: Wanted regularly before they were cancelled. Cops too.

Since its cancellation though, I don't watch A&E anymore on my new TV provider's service.

USA, ION, OxyGen and H&I networks for me for my daily dose of reruns ... although I'll also venture over to CBS on Wednesday nights for SEAL Team episodes. Most of the time the TV shows are just background noise for me.

I'm flipping back and forth between Chicago PD and NCIS episodes today, in fact.

281 - 299 of 313 Posts