Rock House in Meridian

Discussion in 'Central Mississippi' started by rickymrtn, Oct 25, 2016.

1. rickymrtn

rickymrtn Distinguished Poster

I have to go to Meridian for work tomorrow and will be looking for somewhere to kill some time. I can see they have lost of firearms but so they carry AR parts such as lowers,uppers, Parts kits, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phillipd likes this.
  2. dhollis51

dhollis51 Distinguished Poster

I think they do but not certain. they carry reloading supplies though. check on small pistol primer prices for me. Federal mainly but I know they usually have a ton of CCI in stock. ask about a 5k price for me. :)

phillipd likes this.

3. Solarmapper

Solarmapper Distinguished Poster

Check out their reloading section, while there check out C&C customs next building behind the Rock House on the right, Chad Simpson does a lot of AR builds.

phillipd likes this.
  4. idriller

idriller Distinguished Poster

They have a pretty good selection of powder and bullets. Didnt have any lowers or uppers last time I was there. Spare parts are mainly springs and detents. Good selection of pistols and rifles though.

phillipd likes this.
  5. Trashy

Trashy Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Hey rickymrtn, if you have time and would like, we might could grab a bite of lunch if both our schedules permit. Holler at me if you'd like to.

phillipd, BasMstr and mascott like this.
  6. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Been to Rock House once and was really impressed. Very friendly and knowledgeable. They had a great selection of guns and reloading stuff, including used brass. They let me and Jack behind the counter to handle guns. I bought an old Garcia Ambassaduer for way less than they had it listed.

1010, Trashy and BasMstr like this.
  7. Trashy

Trashy Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Yep, we have 2 really well stocked gun stores in Meridian, Rock House and also Garretts. Then we also have Modern Outfitters which is mostly for the tacticool bunch but have a pretty good selection along with a nice indoor range and rental guns.

marionmedic, 1010, Ruler2 and 2 others like this.
  8. idriller

The sister store in Philidelphia is the same way. You can go behind the counter also.

Cliff731, 1010 and phillipd like this.
  9. Viking

Viking Member

Does the Rock House still have the "NO GUNS ALLOWED" sign on the front door that includes citizens with CCW permits? I carry 24/7/365 and I have my Enhanced CCW Permit. When I saw that sign, I got back in my truck, drove straight to Garrett's in Meridian, and purchased 2 Glocks for my wife plus another Glock for myself. I have been a customer of Garrett's ever since that day.

10. dhollis51

only sign I have ever seen was the sign that clearly stated if you were bringing a gun in to pawn or sell needs to be unloaded. I have never seen a sign that said no firearms.

Where is Garretts?

LearCo, phillipd, Cliff731 and 2 others like this.
  11. Solarmapper

Garret's is on 8th street back toward the center of town. Prices are a little higher. If you have your permit you can carry in the Rock House, that sign is for folks bringing guns in for trade or to get scopes mounted. Was over there last week and this older guy brought three in to trade and all three were loaded.

Mesquite, LearCo and phillipd like this.
  12. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

If you are in the area of Meridian, drive over and check it out. Let us know what you see and find.

I understand that the Rock House went under new ownership a short few years ago. See Idriller's comments posted on Oct. 26th of 2016. Same owner has both... a finer gentleman you'll rarely meet and a devout Christian he is.

13. Viking

Viking Member

Thanks for the updated information.

Mesquite, LearCo and Cliff731 like this.
  14. idriller

Very Friendly place. Have never had anything said to me as I some time open carry. They stay pretty busy with not only selling guns and pawning stuff but sell alot of reloading supplies. Alot cheaper than some of the other places around meridian

Mesquite, rigrat and Cliff731 like this.
  15. Solarmapper

I live less than a quarter mile from the store. Buy a lot of guns, powder and primers from them. They start and end each day of business with a prayer for the employees and customers, good folks to do business with.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  16. dhollis51

You don't see that too often these days. Glad they do.

Mesquite and mascott like this.
  17. deadhead

deadhead Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Used to be able to kill some time at Ma Shumakes........

18. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

19. Meridian_Mike

Meridian_Mike Jim Bridger's evil nephew's grandson

Last couple of times I have been in Garret's, they refuse to dicker on prices. I was in there yesterday and I saw a used Glock 42 right next to a NEW Glock 42. I ask to see both and the price for the used one was $50 less than the new one. BUT... the used one had no case, no extra mag and had definite use wear on the outside. I ask if they would consider less since I would have to get a plastic case and another mag to bring it up to the same as the new one. They said... "NO"..... that was it! So the "no brainer" would be to buy the new one since the accessories you would have to get for the used one would make the 2 pistol about the same price. I pointed that out and they still said "NO". SO.... I walked away mumbling that I would go to the Rock House where they will listen to reasonable offer on a used gun. Garrets USED to be the cheapest prices on new guns around here but he has SO MANY customers now that he doesn't have to try anymore. I am done with them unless his prices come back down (and they probably never will....). There are too many other gun dealers here to take that kind of attitude. I AM THE CUSTOMER..... YOU CAN KEEP YOUR GUNS. AND, I go to Jackson regularly and they have some places over there that will deal.
    WHEN SOMEONE REFUSES TO LISTEN TO AN OFFER (especially on a used gun).... I AM DONE WITH THEM.
    Later Mr. CW..... enjoy your "success".

mascott and fordpkup like this.
  20. Meridian_Mike

Meridian_Mike Jim Bridger's evil nephew's grandson

I know one guy that works at Rock House WAS working at Walmart for years. He is a good Christian guy. I have only been to Rock House once since he started there but I really like him.
    I have ALWAYS been able to get my offers out there for consideration and usually can get those guys to listen to reason.

marionmedic and Trashy like this.