Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got it in my head that I want a pump .22 for general plinking/range toy. I don't want one bad enough right now to drop the coin for the one I really want, the Henry Octagon, so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative like this Rossi.

Air gun Trigger Wood Amber Gun barrel

Anyone have any experience with the Rossi? I know they are made in Brazil which I very much don't like, but the price is right. Are they decent or should I hold out for the Henry? Other alternatives? (I don't like the Taurus one)

If you have a nice used (USA made) pump .22 you want to unload sell, I'm your huckleberry.

·
Morte
4,426 Posts
I’ve own several since the early 90s and never had an issue. While they aren’t as slick as the Winchester it copies, (i have a few) I’d no issue buying another

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dont have a Rossi but I do have the Henry pump. If I were you, I would save up my coins and buy the Henry, just saying! American made and if I rember correctly, a lifetime warranty. Buy once and not regret the purchase!

·
Premium Member
16,007 Posts
I have a pump action Rossi in 22mag. Damn fine rifle. Also have an old “ranger” pump 22lr made by Stevens for Sears. I’d sell the ranger pump if you want something older. If interested I’ll take and post pictures. It’s in great shape but shows it age with honest wear.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I've had the Henry Pump and I used to have one of the older Rossi's like this. The Henry was a better gun in terms of smoothness and overall build quality, but I often found myself shooting the Rossi a bit more as if it got beat up I wasn't fussed about it. I had paid $130 for it at the time, now the Rossi's run $279-320 or so. They work just fine and shoot fairly well and wouldn't hesitate to buy one. In fact, I've been entertaining getting one myself for a while now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts