Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior Curmudgeon
655 Posts
They musta heard that I banned Rotary International from my property.

·
Grouchy Old Fart
23,650 Posts
They used to be a big deal around here but I believe they have pretty much gone by the wayside!

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
They used to be a big deal around here but I believe they have pretty much gone by the wayside!
Most of RI's "good works" (polio eradication, clean water/sanitation, etc.) is carried on internationally/overseas, especially in Haiti, Africa, the Middle East/SWA and India ... areas poorly ruled by the "usual suspects: for centuries -- trying to do for the people there what their "governments" and the United Nations couldn't or wouldn't do.

In my experience, RI uses the kindness, genero$ity ("deep pockets") and guilt (?) of the U.S. & Canadian members particularly -- along with Taiwanese & S. Korean Rotary Clubs -- to fund those efforts.

While Rotary is also involved in its local communities in many places, that involvement is nothing compared to its international service efforts and spending ...

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
All I need to know!!!

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was a member of Rotary for years, Paul Harris fellow and all. Got tired of $12.00 lunches and hypocritical people, quit in 06, glad I did now.
When I was a Rotarian (18 yrs), I was (1) in the military; and (2) then a DoD contractor.

I was around guns & ammo ... "a bit" <sarc>.

Rotary didn't seem to mind taking my money ...

·
Registered
10,817 Posts
I always figured the Rotary involved raising animals for young people to take to the county or state fair competitions or somesuch. Or maybe I was confusing them with the Grange (also a mystery to me) or 4H...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Almost two years ago our local Rotarians did a limited number raffle where the top prize was a Glock .380 pistol. I was hoping to win it, but won the second prize of an I-pad.

I won't be buying any more raffle tickets from them, the liberal caving p*ssies.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Its not like the local chapters won't do just exactly what they want to do. National what??? ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts