Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to buy a Ruger 3 Screw .41 Magnum that I looked at about a week ago. I was not real interested in the pistol originally so did not think that much of it. A little more interested currently. The seller said he was asking $700. I am not that familiar with a fair price for one. I have looked at some on Gun Broker and other sites. I would say that the gun is in about 80 to 90% with moderate holster wear. The barrel was around 6" Does come with almost a full box of ammo. I know it is hard to judge without pics. I know many of you are experienced with these. Looking for a place to start. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
13,826 Posts
I paid about a hundred dollars less that that for mine several years ago. It has 4 5/8" barrel in 95% condition. That was before the prices went crazy so $700 may not be out of line. Make sure it hasn't been converted. If it has, see if he has the original parts.

Reactions: Mesquite and kelhow

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I sold a Ruger three screw 41 mag 5-1/2“ barrel about 2-1/2 years ago for $550.00, it was not mint or rough about 75%, but that was before the run on guns and ammunition.

·
Super Moderator
13,855 Posts
I’ve got a few Ruger .41’s both single and double actions and love them. I can’t believe how much the price has gone up. I know I’m living in the past and I’m cheap but til a couple years ago $250 was my limit on a Blackhawk in any caliber. Personally I’d never go $700, even on a blued Redhawk. That’s just me

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,145 Posts
I’ve got a few Ruger .41’s both single and double actions and love them. I can’t believe how much the price has gone up. I know I’m living in the past and I’m cheap but til a couple years ago $250 was my limit on a Blackhawk in any caliber. Personally I’d never go $700, even on a blued Redhawk. That’s just me
Last 3 screw .41 I had I paid $275 for it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the comments to my post. All for naught now as I have decided to pass on the pistol. We couldn't come to terms that I was OK with. Maybe one will pop up in the future.

·
Super Moderator
13,855 Posts
I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Gotta be a 3 screw or any Ruger .41? Newer ones of course will be less

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
Cowboy action shooting has drove prices up. Vaquero's are selling for 8-1200 each.

Reactions: phillipd

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Gotta be a 3 screw or any Ruger .41? Newer ones of course will be less
Doesn't have to be a Blackhawk, 3 screw, or a Ruger. Actually I'm open to many different options. Like the 41 mag caliber. I know where a S & W Model 57, 6" is located. Price is a little more, but depending on condition, ?????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts