Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I changed out the factory trigger for a Timney 641C. For some unknown reason I didn’t take pics of the parts ( I always do this ) that I would remove before doing it. Well I had fun putting the safety spring back where it was supposed to go. I finally put my “ see up close “ hood on and saw the correct tiny hole for the spring leg. After that, easy.
I looked everywhere for a video but no happiness. I’m now thinking of doing one and putting it on YouTube.
The Timney is very good but it’s not a Browning A-Bolt 2. Two adjustments compared to three.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why swap the trigger? If to get rid of the disconnect that is on the trigger that can be done fairly easily. I have removed the disconnect on a couple of my rifles with no issues. The ones I have done I have adjusted down to 2.0-2.5lb without any issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why swap the trigger? If to get rid of the disconnect that is on the trigger that can be done fairly easily. I have removed the disconnect on a couple of my rifles with no issues. The ones I have done I have adjusted down to 2.0-2.5lb without any issue.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only easy thing you can do on this model is to cut the trigger spring down or replace the spring with a aftermarket one. I chose option C and replaced the whole thing. Now I have a trigger that I can adjust from target grade to heavy brush gun. I personally like a very lite but still safe trigger pull. Really more of a snap than a pull. Like what you would feel if you broke an icicle in half.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I just saw this older thread. I installed a Timney trigger in my sons Ruger lightweight 7mm08 probably 13-14 yers ago. It breaks clean at 2 pounds. Then I bought just a Timney trigger spring and installed in my Ruger 308 and it breaks 3.5-4 pounds which I like a little heavier for deer hunting.

Reactions: rc
1 - 5 of 5 Posts