Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts
And everyone says a Glock is ugly. Guess they have never looked at the Ruger Semi-auto's, lol.

Sounds promising though if you can get past the looks.

Reactions: Cliff731

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And everyone says a Glock is ugly. Guess they have never looked at the Ruger Semi-auto's, lol.

Sounds promising though if you can get past the looks.
I actually don't mind the looks. What don't you like? The grip texturing or logo on the grip? Or slide serrations. Grip is better than saying "grip zone" lol. I'd personally add a Hogue sleeve for more of a palmswell depending on how it compares To a regular LC9. That addition on those pistols makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
16,440 Posts
It's all Sig's fault (P365), now everyone is jumping on the micro bandwagon. ;) Way too much emphasis on concealment and comfort and not enough on bullet performance. Little isn't everything.

·
Super Moderator
8,247 Posts
Comparing the Max-9 to the LC9 . . . is like comparing the LCP II to the LCP.

My dad recently got an LCP II, and he brought it down last week on his visit to the coast.
We went to Coast Rifle & Pistol Club, and I shot both his LCP II and my LCP.
The difference was night & day. I MUCH MUCH prefer the LCP II over the standard LCP.

I have both an LC9 and an EC9S, and if the new MAX-9 is as much an improvement over them, as the LCP II is over the LCP . . . then I might have to seek one out, too.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have liked most Rugers I've shot, their handguns do seem to be a bit different style wise, I think this one isn't bad looking though. If I was in the market I'd put in the ring with the Hellcat and P365. I like that they decided to go with front tritium night sight.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts
I actually don't mind the looks. What don't you like? The grip texturing or logo on the grip? Or slide serrations. Grip is better than saying "grip zone" lol. I'd personally add a Hogue sleeve for more of a palmswell depending on how it compares To a regular LC9. That addition on those pistols makes a world of difference.
Basically just the whole looks of it. I've got a hogue handall hybrid sleeve for a LCP and not to keen for it either.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts
Yes I could probably puts the looks behind me if the price was right and it pointed naturally.

Reactions: Cliff731

·
Registered
382 Posts
Depending on how much under MSRP it is, it should sell good. Msrp is already cheaper than the competition's street price.
Ruger's MSRP is $499.99, so I suspect IF they come in below MSRP they will be $449.99 or $479.99. But right now with the current market situation, many guns are selling for MSRP or above and people are buying them. Glad to see competition in the market but wish somebody would capitalize on that magazine technology for a larger size handgun. Imagine instead of a Glock 19 holding 15 rounds but holding 20 or 22 rounds with a flush fit magazine.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts
Reactions: Ellis93

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ruger's MSRP is $499.99, so I suspect IF they come in below MSRP they will be $449.99 or $479.99. But right now with the current market situation, many guns are selling for MSRP or above and people are buying them. Glad to see competition in the market but wish somebody would capitalize on that magazine technology for a larger size handgun. Imagine instead of a Glock 19 holding 15 rounds but holding 20 or 22 rounds with a flush fit magazine.
I never thought about that, that's brilliant and would be awesome.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts