Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys now that I know MKIII's are not plastic like the 22/45's what is the major difference between the MKII and the MKIII?

Since every MkII I find in a pawn shop the price is out rageous and more than a new MKIII why should I wait till I find a MKII? I think I am going to get me a MKIII 5.5 target model

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Mark 2 has the mag release on the bottom instead of the traditional thumb release like on most of today's pistols. That is the main reason I went with the mark 3 over the 2

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
It drops down a little but I can't remember if it comes all the way out. I've only shot 1 mag thru it myself. My daughter could probably answer the question tho. Lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
My MK I has always worked flawlessly. Still does :D . I don't know how many bricks I've put through it. Hope the MK II/III's live up to their original model.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
My circa 1983 MkII Target 6 7/8" was on the range today with some Winchester Super X(x22lr) solids and some Remington Golden Bullet HP. It showed why a cared for- well shot- MkII always gets the money. The heel release magazine catch is not a problem unless they're all coming at once and it's really not very slow. And it's just a European holdover from days mostly gone by. I am still considering an additional MkIII unless I can find a .22 conversion that will work with my Springfield .45. I'll more than likely just add a bull-barrelled 5 1/2" .22/.45 version in MkII.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts