Ruger Precision Rimfire

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by dzavoina, Feb 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dzavoina

dzavoina Distinguished Poster

I picked up a Ruger Precision Rifle in rimfire.
    I'm excited to see how it performs, have several different brands of 22LR to see how they each group.

Attached Files:

• top.jpg
      top.jpg
      File size:
      99 KB
      Views:
    94LEVERFAN, oldguns, Cliff731 and 3 others like this.
  2. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Richland
    I was in vans the other day and someone had one on the counter to mount a scope. I was surprised by the size. I honestly expected it to be obnoxiously huge like the standard RPR.

Mesquite likes this.

3. dzavoina

That rifle has a 30 MOA base screwed onto the top of the receiver. I'm trying out a Bushnell Engage 2.5 X 10 scope on it.
    It has an adjustable trigger on it with a crisp pull, and uses 10/22 magazines, and a threaded muzzle for a muzzle device.

4. blkout

blkout Distinguished Poster

Keep us updated, sound very nice.
    Not that i need another 22

LeansVeryRight2016 likes this.
  5. LZ80

LZ80 Distinguished Poster

I would like more feedback once you get it out and fire it. On one hand it seems like a nice piece, on the other it seems like overkill. But looking forward to your future feedback.

6. oldguns

oldguns Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Ellisville
    Any report on this?

7. dzavoina

I haven't shot it yet, I usually shoot at Turcotte because its only 10 minutes from the house and the rifle range is under water since I bought the rifle.

8. David M Moore

David M Moore Distinguished Poster

I put about 500 rounds threw one testing one out with different ammo wolf, green tag, standard velocity, eley, sub, and rws it shot good about 3/4 In groups nothing fantastic . Most of the groups would shoot 3 in a clover and then 2 in a clover 1/4 In away. I'm sure that will be great for most shooters but my cheep savage mk ii vf sr will just about shoot that at 100 yards with cheep standard velocity for 1/2 the price.

9. blkout

blkout Distinguished Poster

I love my Savage Mark II FV-SR, that is when I get a chance to shoot it. My son has all but staked an official claim.

94LEVERFAN and rigrat like this.
  10. Jedman7

Jedman7 Full Poster

LOL!!!

11. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Found out today a buddy at work has one and loves it. He's shooting turtles off a log with bulk ammo and a Nikon rimfire scope at 130 yards. He's hooked